How Long for Plavix?

I don t like hearing some doctors say 6 months and some doctors say more time for Plavix. I am beginng to feel like an experiment. My Doc took me off at 6 months after my angio and my large aneurysm was gone. Who else is off at 6 months?

Hi Denise, I only took Plavix for 3 months and Aspirin for six months, I am now drug free apart from the odd over the counter headache pill, my last operation was April 2012, it seems all doctors and hospitals have differing ideas and I guess us patients aren't all the same, have a good day, Jill x

Hi there

I was on plavix and aspirin after my coiling and stent procedure in June for 3 months then I stopped after 2weeks I started having mini strokes and went back to see my doctor who put me back on plavix right away (8 tablets there and then said I had to get my blood thin ASAP ) and gave me another angiogram the next day which showed the stent clogging he said i need to stay on the plavix and aspirin till next June then I should be ok iv had no more strokes since I went back on them hope this answers your question

Thanks jimmy

Hi Denise...after my coiling I was to be on Plavix along w/ aspirin for 6 months...I was never able to be on Plavix after the hospital...because it worked so good...I had 2 bleeds in surgery...so they took me off asap...~ I do hope you eventually are able to longer take this drug...~ Colleen

The stent? That is not the same as the PED? I had the PED placed Jun 2012, angio in Dec2012. I do take the aspirin.

Hi Denise, I only took Plavix for 3 months and aspirin for 6 months.
This is the standard routine they use in Italy .
Take care of you
Giovanni

You always are so reassuring. :)

I’ve been on plavix and aspirin for 10 months. My PED was placed apr 2012. I had a 40% narrowing. I have 3 more months of plavix. Then stay on aspirin.

what does 40% narrowing mean?

The PED caused my artery to narrow. So the blood flow doesn’t get through as well. I hope that explains it a little better.