Hi, have some questions

hi i am glenn i have a 4 mm aneurysm with a2mm neck in size but it is bi lobed with an irregular shape . my doc says it definately needs to be clipped .i am nearly 44 and he suggest it would be the best treatment .he says the risk of treatment is less than the risk of the natural history of this aneurysm. it is an incidential right internal carotid artery terminus aneurysm .i am booked in for surgery on the 16 th august and i am very worried ,but realize i must go through with it.dr nazih assaad is my doc, at royal north shore .can someone out there give me some tips on how to cope with the stress leading up to this ,and what are my chances of going back to a normal life after it all .i have been told all about the dangers with ops and it scares the hell out of me .can someone please help me ..

thanks heaps for talking to me how long are clipping patients in hospital for and with recovery what usually happens what are the chances of having a full recovery after it all .and thanks again that has helped

thanks for the support to ,it helps a lot hearing and talking to others who have been through this ,how long after your op did it take to feel alot better ,and with excercise and weights etc would i have to wait

thanks very much girls nicki and elke that helps me heaps i am going to try hard to not worry and be confident ,and let the nerosergeons do there magic

Hi Glenn...Anxiety and being worried are so much apart of this journey...I was coiled, not clipped...however, I found before my surgery...that I tried real hard to do things I enjoyed...golfed, walked the dog, got together with friends, etc., just having those moments were I wasn't constantly thinking about my annie, helped...for the really bad moments, my neurologist prescribed some xanax ... and I would take 1/2 ... also, if you have a "higher being" you believe in...I found prayer helped for me...and coming to this site and helping others and getting help...in the end...you will be glad when the day comes and you can get this show on the road...

Glad you found us...Try and do something fun today...for YOU....~ Colleen

thanks colleen every positive word i hear help heaps

hi elke i am getting closer to have my clipping cant work out if thats good or bad .No matter how hard i try i cant seem to forget about it .any suggestions

Thanks very much for the encouragement elke You help me heaps