Hernia in groin after angiogram

Has anyone had problems 4 months after having an angiogram, my GP now thinks I may have a hernia in my groin, I can hardly walk or stand, I hav never ha so much pain.

Hi Lynn...you poor thing...but I am not surprised...I have had pain in my left groin...they try to switch off groins on me...and I am sick with bronchitis ... was at the Doctors yesterday and had a breathing treatment and coughed so much, I said to Doctor my left groin hurts, he said, becareful...next you will have a hernia...and then I read this from you this morning...Geez...what are Doctors going to do for you? Gotcha in my Thoughts ~ Colleen

They want me to have an ultrasound, but I can’t get in till Tuesday, I am in agony. I am going to ring the hospital where the angio was done and see if they will see me, otherwise I think I am going to go to the emergency dept. Pain killers are useless. Thank you Colleen you look after yourself.

Hi Lynn,

I would suggest you go to the ER as well. I developed a blood clot in mine and I had no pulse in my right leg. This was right after my aneurysm surgery, she did an angiogram to make sure the clip was on correctly and shortly after the blood clot developed. It's better to have peace of mind and get immediate help if needed. I was told I could lose my leg if they didn't operate within 4 hours. I don't want to scare you but I hope you seek immediate help. Good luck and take care,

Bonnie

Yes Lynn...please go to ER if you are not getting any relief...saying a little prayer for YOU...~

Colleen

Thanks Bonnie & Colleen, I have been able to get in for an ultra sound at another clinic, I rang the hospital they were useless, just said procedure was 4 months ago you have to go back through your doctor to mak an appointment. I would b better off just going to emergency but I know I would have to sit there all day. My appointment is in a couple o hours I will decide what to do after then. My daughter is a nursing student I will get her to make sure I hav a pulse in my foot.

Lynn...you have been on mind all day yesterday and today...I am glad you got in for an ultra sound...if you get this, please let us know how you are doing today?... ~ Gotcha in my thoughts ~ Colleen

Lynn,

Hope everything worked out well for you, let us know as soon as you can. Thinking of you and take care,

Bonnie

Thanks Colleen good news is that it is not a hernia just some swollen lymph nodes. I had a lymphatic drainage massage a few months ago so I will book in again for another and hopefully I will relieve my pain. I am feeling a bit better today have taken some antiinflamitory pain meds which has eased it slightly. I am going back to see my GP today.

Thanks Bonnie good news is that it is not a hernia just some swollen lymph nodes. I had a lymphatic drainage massage a few months ago so I will book in again for another and hopefully I will relieve my pain. I am feeling a bit better today have taken some antiinflamitory pain meds which has eased it slightly. Going back to my GP today.

Very good news, great to hear! Glad you are starting to feel better. Take care,

Bonnie

Ouch...sounds sore ... glad you are a getting a bit of relief and they found out what it is...rest and get well...you have been in my Thoughts ~ Colleen