Have you had loss of balance after surgery?

Hello all,

Have not been on the internet for a while. I am 9 weeks out from having my two annies removed. I have fell to the right patio door, my feet will all of a sudden move too r-l and three steps backwards while at the store read the back of a can. Went to my primary, all looked well. He sent me to a neurologist during the exam eyes closed, arms out I tipped to my left. He thinks one of my crystals inside my ear is moved. PT starts next week. A week ago we went to check on our cabin I went to go down into the cellar and fell from the first step straight down. Has anyone else experienced this?

Cyber Huggsssssssssssssss

Debi

Wow how frustrating this has got to be. My husband had an inner ear infection which sent him into the spins/vertigo really badly--totally out of no where it hit him and took him down hard. I've had mild vertigo like you describe and I beleive the doctor gave me"Antivert", which cleared it up quickly at the time, and yeah the inner ear/crystels were out of balance he claimed . Antihistimines usually help the situation as well. I hope you didn't get too banged up in your falls Debi, hows your healing going otherwise? Take care, Janet

hi debi! Are you ok? we must be extra careful-we are a thousand times more apt to fall~~ especially you still in recovery from the surgery. I think you will regain any lost strength which will help stabilize you. How was aneurysm fixed? I didn't know they could remove them?i ws emergency sah coiled and I fell in the bathroom-just got real weak like I fainted, went down and my forehead bounced off the floor and "woke" me- that was 3 years ago so i'm not worried no more, anyway take care- please~~ron

Debi,

Balance issues...ask the docs about your vestibulocochlear cranial nerve VIII...

I was treated w/minimally invasive coiling... There have been a number of our members here who address hearing issues...from loud noises, adjustments to music and more..."hearing loss" was in the records to home health care and not in any of my records...Hearing test was not provided for almost a year post-discharge...my two year f/ups show no change...Somehow the CN VIII vestibule portion relates to balance...cranial nerves can be researched...and do suggest research of cranial nerves and cranial nerve anatomy...

Post-d/c, I fell down stairs, broke my glasses, hit my knees, chin, etc...not to mention all the doors I walked into before adjusting the opening distance...

Debi, I have no expertise, just my experiences and the CN VIII...(and CN III IV, V and 11) and however, I regained my balance thru the vision therapy...there are related (right word?) CNs by anatomy...It was incredible improvement tho not 100% and, I have to be much more careful on fatigue days...do not drive, etc...No, I did not regain the hearing loss and do the f/up checks apx two year level... which have tracked no change...

Many members have addressed both balance/coordination and/or the hearing reaction issues...

Many hugs and prayer for your results..

Pat

IT still amazes me that doctors seem to look for other reasons for balance and dizziness issues after brain surgery. I can tell you from experience that I struggled with balance and dizziness issues for about 2 years after my rupture. It got progressively better over time. I mentioned it to the docs and they went through the same nonsense about going to see and ENT and Neuro doctors which I did to no avail.

With so many people on this people on this site having this issues it seems obvious this is just another one of the many symptoms we have to deal with until it resolves. Give it time and be EXTRA careful about what you are doing. My guess is it will get better over time unless they actually do find another cause. Best of luck!

P.S. Debi...I meant CN XI not 11...tho both are eleven...yes, it still confuses me!

Ron,

Funny how the mind works today.. I had two clippings, I am pretty black and blue. This balance thing seems to go along with recovery.

Take care

Debi

Janet,

This is a road of life I never thought of. I go for 2 hours on Tuesday for PT, balance (crystals). I get very anxious at times do not like those feels at all. LOUD noises, being around to many people.

Low day today and that is OK....

Huggs

Debi

Tony...you are blessed by what you had progressively improve...often, there are setbacks by the f/up angios/added treatments...

As a "senior"...my leaks/ruptures, multiple emergencies and more, began 10 years ago...and, all you new young ones are running thru the same/similar issues...from diagnosis to treatment to recovery...

How many more decades may it take to generate interest in changes? I will share more later...

Pat

Hi Debi...I think my answer is "yes" to you...I have many balance issues since coiling...and surgeons said nothing to do with surgery. I went to my Neurologist and he had my hearing tested and balance tested...normal things ruled out...and told my Neurologist its exactly what I thought and I asked "what?"

He said, "it is from the brain aneurysm"...I must be careful...esp when dizzy...~ Colleen

Does any one know when the Aneurysm walk in Braham Minnesota is scheduled for this year 2016?

Do not see anything in the events on this site. Thank you in advance!

This was last years, but they have a couple of contacts you might try

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/05/prweb12748361.htm

Debi said:

Does any one know when the Aneurysm walk in Braham Minnesota is scheduled for this year 2016?

Do not see anything in the events on this site. Thank you in advance!