Happy New Year 2023!

It’s going to be a grand year y’all! I remembered to add a year, woohoo! Today is a customary day to start resolutions here in the States, some of us still adhere to the old ways and refuse to do laundry this day. Some believe what you do today, you’ll be doing the rest of the year.

If you reside in the Southern States you may find pork, cabbage or collards or perhaps spinach to cover the green, black eyed peas, mashed potatoes and cornbread on the dinner menu. My parents came from Pennsylvania and we always had pork and sauerkraut along with mashed potatoes and plenty of beans. Friends will have tamales or lentils and other lucky foods on their table to help bring what we all wish for good fortune, prosperity and wealth. For us, it will be a Cuban pork roast, black beans and rice.

Traditions are important in most every culture aren’t they? They connect us to each other in a way other habits do not. Our community tradition here is to help each other with our experiences and support. We understand the effect of brain aneurysms, ruptured or not in ways many do not - we get it. @ModSupport and I wish for you a year of good fortune, good health and prosperity!

I’m excited to great our newest members, the first of the New Year! We start the year off with @blynn down in Texas. Rebecca has been diagnosed with a left PICA (Posterior Inferior Cerebellar Artery) aneurysm that MRA said was 4mm back in September. In November, her angiogram determined it was 2.5 mm. She continues to enjoy doing things herself around the house. Good for you Rebecca!

@Cecil is in Germany, NRW (North Rhyne-Westphalia, a State in Western Germany, yes, I looked it up). Cecil has an aneurysm of 1.5 cm in the PCA (Posterior Cerebral Artery)

Welcome to both of you, we hope you jump in on a topic or start one of your own! If you have any problems navigating this site, please reach out o either one of the fine folks @ModSupport or myself, @Moltroub

Just in case y’all are wondering, my resolutions this year is to enjoy each and every day and to build a hugelkulture garden! What’s your resolution?

1 Like

Happy New year, Moltroub and all members in this group!

Hope that you are doing well and enjoying the beginning of a new year. My resolution for this year remains simple: Take care of my health, try to do my best in my workplace, and enjoy time with my family.

Sending hugs!!

2 Likes