Hair loss

Keneta and Sarah ...I lost so much hair, it clogged the drain post shower/shampoo...loss was not explained to family on DC...After that, a friend got a mesh screen (really fine) to put over the drain...many newer drains provide screen...tho the holes are larger than the mesh...

We all vary on how much, how long, loss continues...tho it may relate to the volume of rad in a short period of time...Some how, I have vague memory that hair loss is addressed in the BAF main site data...

My dermatologist put me on biotin; I still take it years later...I do not know about nioxin...I will pull up data before shopping for it...I am one of those squeamish about ingredients; i.e. parabens and others...but I also have the nail thinness from the psoriasis...the biotin helped grandly for thickness...tho still curl from the psoriasis...Post DC...I had the fungus in my left toenails...interesting...not in the right, too...which suggests location of issues must relate to the brain / body control...

ketena, please let us know your results over these past couple of months...

Ketena, I just read below...your curly is now coming in straight in those areas...because my straight comes in with mild waviness...Most interesting to imagine...reverse impacts for us...

Pat

GREAT NEWS, biotin and nioxin really works...my hair is normal all over again...i am super excited about this. friends and relatives are so happy for me because they know i was really down and out about the hair loss... i take biotin everyday, and wash my hair with nioxin every 3 to 4 days. i recommend using these products and have plenty of patience..thanks to all of you for your hair advice

Keneta

Hi - i just read your post and the replies which are a great help to me too as i am suffering hair loss. Had my coiling about 4 weeks ago and wasn't told about hair loss. Came as a huge surprise last week when i noticed a perfect square at the back of my head and a large area at the back/side. I have short, fine hair and it is quite noticable. In fact, a couple of people asked me why i had shaved my head before i even realised the hair was coming out. My doctor said this sometimes happens when a procedure goes longer than anticipated and is complicated - something to do with the radiation contrast they use. I am glad i found this website and wish i had found it sooner!

Hi Pamela,

At least your body is responding sooner, mine didn't start until almost 3 mths later, and it came out quickly. Biotin and Nioxin really works for me and i will continue to use them both. i hope you get on a regimen with those or something else that works for you.

Hi Pamela,

While you are waiting for your hair to grow out, you may wan to try Toppik to make your loss less noticeable. I consider it to be a blessing. :slight_smile: Please look for it in your beauty supply store. http://www.toppik.com/

take care.

Carole