Good Day

Almost three years had past since my last scan for two paraclinoid unruptured aneurysmd on my right ICA They we’re originally found7.5 years ago . Had MRA today and report isn’t in , but according to NS all looks stable and can wait 5years befor next scan! For me these are always hard days, so relieved and feel so thankful no brain surgery necessary at this time for all you watch and wait folks remember this is a solid option. Mine are approximately 3mm doctor said my annual risk rate is about .02 per year Best to all …off to celebrate!! Kelly

That's fantastic. What a relief for you and makes you so grateful for life!

This is wonderful news. Enjoy!

Kelly...congratulations...so pleased for you.

May I ask...how / why the initial diagnosis?

My curiosity comes from the number who have had some symptoms and were being tested for some other potential disease...when the aneurysm(s) were discovered.

We do not have/get stats on which other diseases are discovered a/w/a the aneurysm; or, if the initial med idea does not exist...just same/similar symptoms (headaches, pressure, other?) of an aneurysm developing.

Your results are gratifying...yours and all the others who have been diagnosed early on.

I had the original mra to follow a temporal lobe cavernous angioma found 9 years earlier

That’s when they found the ica aneurysmz

Kelly...thank you...

Did you have the sinusoidal arteries, too?

That's what happened to my Dad - being tested for other things due to his migraines and dizziness etc which they said weren't coming from the carotid artery blockage. And then they found the aneurysm.

patioplans said:

My curiosity comes from the number who have had some symptoms and were being tested for some other potential disease...when the aneurysm(s) were discovered.

We do not have/get stats on which other diseases are discovered a/w/a the aneurysm; or, if the initial med idea does not exist...just same/similar symptoms (headaches, pressure, other?) of an aneurysm developing.

Your results are gratifying...yours and all the others who have been diagnosed early on.

I don’t think I have those sinusoid all arteries what are they? Probably someone would have mentioned them if I did? I do have non visible pcoms

Summergirl...please bear with me...my sometimes limited comprehension...

Was he /you advised of what was being researched...to end up finding the aneurysms?

Did they say the search was for "other things"...or did they name a potentials?

Like, did they say "it could be an aneurysm"? ...based on the symptoms, etc...

SummerGirl said:

That's what happened to my Dad - being tested for other things due to his migraines and dizziness etc which they said weren't coming from the carotid artery blockage. And then they found the aneurysm.

patioplans said:

Hi patioplans, they didn't mention it could be a possibility of an aneurysm, they just said there was something else in the brain that was causing his shocking migraines and dizziness. So after many tests, they found the aneurysm. But then they said the symptoms weren't coming from the aneurysm, so frustrating!

Kelly...please bear w/me for not being able to respond...I am having one of those crazy days of thought/subject mix... I remembered being surprised at the term...somehow think it relates to our sinuses... Do NOT rely on that until I get back...at what to search...in a day or two...

My subject mix ranges from a memorial service, to what I call mine "pre-estate"...thus, my mind is yet wandering...Please leave it until I get back...could be an apology for my misinterpretation...I will let you know... tho need a few days... to finish some personal/home type things...

I don't think I have those sinusoid all arteries what are they? Probably someone would have mentioned them if I did? I do have non visible pcoms