Going back to work

Hi everyone! Ii am going for my 6 week check up today and have been doing ok but my right eye has been blurred and i have nausea and dizziness. I am afraid the doc is going to release me to go back to work and i don't feel ready. I wonder when i'm going to feel ready. I try to do normal things but get tired easily and some situations kinda freak me out.

I tried to go to walmart the other day and it was so overstimulating i couldn't wait to get out of there. I needed to sit down.

I work as a recreation therapist to I have to be the fun one at work in a very stressful environment. God help me.

Hi, I know how you feel I am 3 months post coiling and stenting and still do not feel ready to face going back to work, I lost my job just before my second operation in April so I also have the stress of going for interviews and meeting new people all which I find really difficult at the moment, I used to spend 7 hours plus a day sat in front of a computer one hour now finds me with a headache, I also find some places overstimulating and cannot wait to get home and rest, the only thing you can do is make sure people know exactly how you feel, good luck with it all, Jill x

Hi Island Girl...I think you really need to express your concerns to your Doctor and let he/she know how you feel...it is very important...that you take time to heal now...keep us posted...good luck...Cyber~thoughts your way Colleen

i think many of us are in this same predicament-we loved our jobs but are not fit to go back as i am, people tell me i'll improve even after the 3 year mark-anyway it doesn't sound like you are ready so i think all you have to do is be honest and hopefully the doc will be patient with hearing ALL that you have to tell him before he scurries away! Good luck & may God bless you & yours

hi colleen, thanks for the reply it helps so much to talk to someone that understands. my surgeon told me to let him know when i want to go back and he will send the paperwork for me. he also suggested to start with half days. i am so relieved and just hope it all works out.

thanks again for the support you guys all rock!

Hi Gill,

thank you so much for your reply. my surgeon was so supportive yesterday... he said let me know when you want to go back and I'll fill out the paperwork for you. he also suggested that i start half days till i feel like i can hack a full day. I was so relieved. So i will give it a few more weeks and see what's going on.

A good "win win" ... Keep us posted on you...and I think eventually when you go back to work...Half~days were a great idea...all of this can only help you continue to heal in the long run...

Be well...Colleen

I rememeber I felt the exact same way at 6 weeks. Never thought I would feel half normal again. I just had my 3 month check-up and am going back to work on Monday. At the 6 week mark I started taking little walks around the block each day just to build myself up again. Just relax and make sure you make yourself your number one priority.