Funny story

Had my surgery five months ago. after a ruptured anuerysm, and two clips, I looked rough in the recovery room. Left side of my face purple, eye swollen shut. My thirty six year old son was trying to keep me company while relieving the rest of the family from recovery room duty. My son said " dad, you look like a pirate with your squint eye". About this time the nurse comes in . I said " nurse, quick run and get me something" she said " what do you need sir" I said " I need a rubber parrot and a pirate eye patch...Im a pirate". Glad I dont remember any of this, my son swears it happened. Then I said "nurse" she politely answered "yes sir" I said "are you Married?" she said "no sir" I said "good. neither is my son. why dont you go on a date with him" both turned beet red. still dont think they went on the date. Humor is very important to recovery. Hope this helps.

Lol, that IS cute---I'll bet you guys joke around about that one often--did you get at least an eyepatch when you got home? (or at least a bottle of Ale at some point down the road?!)

You're right, we'd be one sorry bunch without the aid of humor in all this, thanks for the chuckle,

Peace, Janet

Love it.

hi roy! yep our funny bones are still in tact, i was always trying to make the therapists laugh, s? Some are too "professional" it seems- the younger one would laugh but the boss one was more serious, hey theres a humor group here, check it out, theres some funny stuff there!

LOL...I love it...Yes I agree ... humor and laughing are very healing... RRRRR Matey...hahaha...~ Colleen

Roy...thanks for the smiles...we so need them...

Pat

Sue...thanks for one more smile...or five...there are so many things I yet want to "see"...

You were so blessed...that the eye doc was set up for you while yet in hospital...that is not tagged as a necessity the minimally invasive care....