Foot pain

Hi

After 2 coiling procedures in 6 months and 2 brain hemorrages, one before coiling and one during coling. I am recovering fairly well but with some complications, my left side is weak, but getting better thanks to physical therapy.

My most recent complication is that the toe on my left foot "sticks up" an I am in constant pain. My neurologist said it was not related to my brain bleed, so he refered me to an orthopedist, the ortho guy said it was for sure nerve damage as a result of the brain injury... he said he could do surgey on my toe to enlarge the tendon however he wants to wait 6-12 months (since it takes 12-18 months to recover from a brain injury) so he gave me a prescription to hopefully relax the tendon, but we don't know if and when it will work... in the mean time I'm in constant pain, can't wear shoes for extended periods of time (actually I can only wear tennis shoes since they're soft)

So after this long explanation my question fo you all is: Has anybody tried acupunture for pain relief? I am tempted to try it but wanted to hear some feedback if anyone has any to offer.

Thank!

HI VIKKI! im so sorry your experiencing shoddy council along with the complications. i know what your saying my toes dont work right either and i cant walk barefoot because each time you take a step your toes are supposed to tense up and kinda clinch. Did nuero really deny all charges? unbelievable- try this- take before mentioned affected left foot and kick nuero's butt then deny any connection between your brain and your foot then relieve him of any further duties or involvement in your treatment. Please fire him if you haven't done so already. i was on nuerotin for nerve pain which did nothing but the nurse said "ohh noooo- just imagin how much worse it would be without the medicine- more denial. my pcp did listen and doubled the dosage but still didnt work so we discontinued. They automatically prescribe these meds that do not work it seems. my heart goes out to you- thank you so much for sharing i thought i was the only one and wondered why is no one reporting the symptoms that i have! my toe sticks up too making it impossible almost to put on socks and shoes. i'm very very interested in this as i was also going to write this. when i mentioned problems to physical therapists they look at me like i'm imagining all these symptoms-if i could fix the toe and the pain how wonderful that would be!!! i could then walk further & further each day and progress! Good luck and may God Bless!

Keep us posted if you should do acupuncture...interesting to see if this helps...you poor thing ... I do hope you can get some much needed relief...~ Colleen

hi coleen,

well I started acupunture 2 weeks ago... for the 1st time in 6 months I am almost pain free!!! I feel so much better! My toe is amost back to normal!

Amazing!1

Vicky...welcome...

I am a long time member...and, it has been some time since I have been on-line...

Yes, I took/take acupuncture...a/w/a activator (light touch) chiropractic...and massage, craniosacral therapy, and 14 months of vision therapy to regain control of my eye muscles and reading/comprehension (re: global aphasia).

If you are not comfortable with, or do not feel a comfort of results with the first few sessions, you may want to try another practitioner... Even prescriptive drugs do not work w/the one (to three) the first day...for instant results...(unless super toxic) and take weeks to months for sufficient revenue... and, if the first does not work, or a bad reaction, or an FDA recall, there are always substitutes/ replacements...Thus, it is also easy to find another...I have been with mine for close to a decade... no need to find a replacement...

There are variations of acupuncture and the one I see uses a gentle form...sorry I cannot give another title... like activator for light touch chiro care...

I am glad to share my personal experiences on this...We have some tremendous likeness in the left side of our bodies...and strokes during the minimally invasive coiling...will share more later on...

Where is your natural aneurysm located; i.e. artery/segment, left or right... ?

Prayers for you to find the right and comfortable care for you...

Pat

Vicky...I did not read thru all your answers...before my first response...

I am so delighted to read your excellent results...and, it is truly non-invasive...it will help you every step of the way...in healing and thru a very Merry Christmas...

Pat