Anyone have charcot maria tooth disease?

A few weeks after coiling my hands starting giveing me pain and numbs in my fingers. When for some testing they said I always had this disease,that the aneurysm must of brough it out.Can anyone help me with this ,they put me on gabation medican,but i keep getting headaches ,short term memory lost and get angry I am weening myself off this slowly to see if its this meds causing some of the problem .Also after being on my feet for a while i Get pain in my heels, I wake up in the middle of the night for an hour or two can,t get full night sleep.I just need to let some steam off thank you Gail

Hi Gail...I hope someone can shed some light on this disease for you...I just read about it in "Wikipedia"...it seems to be a hereditary disease, not one caused by aneurysm...I will keep you in my thoughts and hope you can get some relief...~ Colleen

Hi Gail,im so pleased i read your story as i am the same with my hands arms and fingers hunni.

I suffer terrible pain pins and needles and loss of feeling in both arms,although my left side is the worst.this is the side were all 4 anuerysms are situated so i am wondering if there is a connection to this.

I had my hemorhage ( excuse spelling ) at the end of sep 12, and only started suffering with this problem about a week after it happened,but whatever is causing it is getting worse by the day.

I am due to see my GP next week so i will let you know what he has to say.

For now best wishes to you x

Also meant to say i too had coiling done after my hemorhage .

Gail,

Please ask your doc what testing was done to diagnose charcot maria...

My similarities to that was termed paresthesia...insignificant and unremarkable symtpoms of stroke...

Please also have an advocate at your meetings...particularly because of your memory...write your symptoms / questions and take w/you to be able to note the answers...a great help of an advocate...

Prayers for your recovery and what recommendations your doc will give you for various therapies to aid your recovery...including neuropsych tests...results of which can help direct therapies...For those we also need to ask what all tests will be done...another story...well, it can be...

Pat