Flying with non ruptured aneurysm with webbing

has anyone had the webbing done on their non-ruptured aneurysm and flown since it was done. If so, did you experience any difficulties or pain?

I have flown a few times. The first time I was on the point of tears panicking about it but it was fine. Have flown from the UK to New York and the Diminican Republic and not had any issues.

That’s good to know! I’ve been worried thinking that I would be in pain with a bad headache the entire flight. I haven’t found any over the counter meds that are effective for getting rid of the headaches. And it seems that most of the stories I’ve read of others experience, They haven’t found anything that give relief.

Welcome Boots62! I just have coils, no webbing, but have flown numerous times since I ruptured. When I fly I always follow a family friend’s advice from decades ago…be fully hydrated before boarding the plane, don’t drink alcohol order water or juice. She was a flight attendant. It’s always worked for me. Hope it helps in some way for you!

1 Like

Hi there Moltroub. Thank you for your advice. But, if you suggest not to drink water or juice, what do you do to stay hydrated? I know there’s electrolyte pills that I used during my marathons. Maybe I should look into that. The first part of my trip is a four and a half hour flight, then another two hours. In general, I drink a lot of water. I do appreciate any advice that will make my first flight since the surgery comfortable.

I’m sorry, I should have used a comma…Drink water or juice, stay away from alcohol. Does that make sense? I also carry a high protein bar and other snacks that are high in protein