Five years

It’s five years ago today, that a ruptured aneurism in my brain changed my life forever. If it wasn’t for a very good team of surgeons, and a very dedicated team of nurses, not to forget the paramedics who took me to hospital in Penticton, the pandemics who transferred me to Kelowna, and the paramedics who flew me to Vancouver General hospital, I would have died that day.
Over the past five years the care my loving and marvelous wife has given me and the support of my family has helped me to gradually improve. I know I will never be the same person who collapsed on the living room floor that morning, but I have made gains, and thank goodness most of my memories are intact. I know I am extremely lucky to have got this far after such a devastating thing to happen, but I am so very very grateful to all who have helped me along the way.

1 Like

Happy Day @Ulsterscot! You’ve give. Us a great reminder that we can’t do this trip without caring, supportive people. You will still continue to improve.

Hugs for your survival and hugs to the folks who help you!
Moltroub

1 Like

Congratulations! Your story underscores that recovery is more than a short term process. I am in my third year and I thank God regularly for my continued healing. God bless you.

1 Like