First post op check up

I go in this week for my six week check up with the neurosurgeon and a scan. I’m more than a little nervous about this. I have some questions I know I want to ask but was wondering if you guys had any advice or things I should talk to doctor about. Physically I’m doing pretty good, still getting tired, pretty much daily headaches and seem to be more sensitive to noises. Go grateful to even be here and that I have people that I can ask that understand the fear I’m having.

Michelle, my partner and I had lists of questions we wanted answers to. My doc and her staff were amazed. Most people don’t come in prepared from what we gathered. I would suggest go in and hand the doctor your list. He/She can read it faster and answer more efficiently I have found.

If you didn’t speak to a dietician in the hospital, ask about your protein intake and follow that. Might want to see what the doc recommends for hydration. Unfortunately I have to drink Gatorade. I don’t much care for it. I made it when I was working my way through college. I stay away from flavors that were being made back then. Lol. Exercise, weight limits would be important. Make a list of any concerns or changes, no matter how trivial they seem to you. Ask if there are any symptoms you need to be aware of that should make you go to ER straight away - headache, stiff neck, naseau or vomiting.

Sit down with friends and family, ask them for their input. On my phone where we keep the questions, there’s mine, my partners, two friends, and my parents. Anything real important, we write down as I’m pretty sure by the time we get to the parking garage, I will have forgotten most of her answers. But I remember her jokes fairly well, go figure…

Michelle, I hope you get through this scan with flying colors. Keep us posted, okay?

Scan was all good, follow up angiogram this summer. Dr is leaving it up to my discretion as to when to return to work. I am definitely blessed and one of the lucky one. Thank I’ve found people that understand!

Michelle! Good for you! I’m so happy I could dance:). I hope you did a little jig leaving the doctor’s office.