Finally

Tomorrow I finally get to see a Neurologist about my aneurysm, it's about time after almost three months, three CT angiograms and seven coils later...

I'm excited to ask him about all the symptoms I have been having associated with my aneurysm, mainly right sided neuropathy pain, weakness, visual problems, continuous headaches and fatigue. Maybe he will be the one to finally give me some answers and help relieve all my issues post coiling, lord knows my neuro surgeon was useless afterwards. Wish me luck!!!!!!

Hi Michelle...good luck at the Neurologist today...I hope he/she can give you the answers you are looking for since your coiling...I found my Neurosurgeon didn't want to help me out either...I had to rely on my Neurologist..~ Cyber~thoughts your way ~ Colleen

Hi Colleen

Thanks so much for your reply, I am keeping my fingers crossed about my appointment today. Sorry to hear your neurosurgeon did not help you either. Being an RN I deal a lot with surgeons and once they have completed a procedure it is hard to get a good follow up. My first neurosurgeon and his Nurse Practioners did not even return my call (I do blame a little of it on their office staff). I'm not saying this about all surgeons, I have worked with some really great ones, but the majority of them are well........

Well, thanks again for the support.

Michelle K :)

HI Michelle...

I have had some good surgeons in the past...I think Neurosurgeons are just too busy for the follow~ups...mine actually followed up with me, but only spent about 3 seconds...pretty frazzled...me...and hubby...hahahaha...~ now keep us posted...~ Colleen

Wishing you good luck at the neurologist. Hopefully you will get some answers. Keep us posted. Hugs your way~myra

Best of luck Michelle, (Maybe write all your questions down 1st--and don't let 'em leave til you've got all the answers!)

Janet

Finally
I got the answers I was so looking for......Met with my new neurologist yesterday and he shed so much light on all the porblems I have been having since my aneurysm in September 2012. He insists, just like I suspected from doing all the research, that I had a SAH from my aneurysm in the thalamus/brain stem region of the brain and that is why I am having so much difficulty with neuropathy (switched from gabapentin to lyrica now)and memory loss and a whole lot of other issues. He stated that with an unruptured aneurysm it goes without symptoms and because I had the classic "worst headache of my life" with a sudden onset it was definitely, nausea, vomiting and right side deficits, it was a bleed. He also said I have a lot of recovery 3 more angiograms and it will be a long road but at least I have an explanation now. Thank you Dr. Arora !!!!!!

Janet

Thanks it was a great visit and I had a list of questions and a list of all the problems I have been having. This was my first time seeing a neurologist and we had to wait an hour past my appointment time so I thought oh my gosh this is not gonna be good but he answered all my questions and was very soft spoken and helpful. Thank you for your advice.

Michelle