Feeling confused

I was diagnosed with 8.1 aneurysm on left side a year ago. I am scheduled for surgery for clipping in june/july. I am still working,{manager for busy restaurant} this past week I am feeling very confused and disorientated,unsure if I am just overwhelmed with everything or should I be more concerned

Hi Kim,

Many of us have been in your shoes and can sympathize with your feeling of being overwhelmed. If your feelings of confusion and disorientation are physical, then I go to your neurologist and get it checked out soon. It's a relief to get an expert to provide his/her opinion.

If these feelings are more emotional, then my advice to you is to be compassionate to yourself -- practice a lot of self care in the next few months. This website has so much excellent advice from people who have been though what you are going through. I speak from experience!

Frankly, I was a complete basket case before my clipping nine months ago, especially as the surgery date got closer. I tried to lower my anxiety by taking long walks, reading this website (especially entries on the successes), and meditating. I personally found that reading the reports on research on high rates of success with clipping to be very reassuring. My neurosurgeon also gave me the names of two women who had gone through a similar operation successfully. I spoke to them a few times and found them to be a real source of comfort as well.

The great news is that my clipping went very well, and I am completely back to normal. The clipping is a miracle. I no longer feel this huge sense of threat hanging over me. It has been liberating and in a way life altering.

Take care of yourself!

Michele

Thank you so much Michele, I really needed those words of encouragement today. I had a ct scan this morning with the dye, my neurosurgeon ordered so my surgery must be being scheduled soon. All they said this morning is that they got some really good images for the doctor. I think I am feeling like this due to work and have been hit with unexpected financial issues and other family issues and everything is taking a toll on energy and concentration. Your reply has given me lots of hope

thank you so much

kim

Michele said:

Hi Kim,

Many of us have been in your shoes and can sympathize with your feeling of being overwhelmed. If your feelings of confusion and disorientation are physical, then I go to your neurologist and get it checked out soon. It's a relief to get an expert to provide his/her opinion.

If these feelings are more emotional, then my advice to you is to be compassionate to yourself -- practice a lot of self care in the next few months. This website has so much excellent advice from people who have been though what you are going through. I speak from experience!

Frankly, I was a complete basket case before my clipping nine months ago, especially as the surgery date got closer. I tried to lower my anxiety by taking long walks, reading this website (especially entries on the successes), and meditating. I personally found that reading the reports on research on high rates of success with clipping to be very reassuring. My neurosurgeon also gave me the names of two women who had gone through a similar operation successfully. I spoke to them a few times and found them to be a real source of comfort as well.

The great news is that my clipping went very well, and I am completely back to normal. The clipping is a miracle. I no longer feel this huge sense of threat hanging over me. It has been liberating and in a way life altering.

Take care of yourself!

Michele

Kim, Michele is so right. Be kind to yourself! Do something nice for yourself every day, even if it’s taking a twenty minute time out. It’s funny how when we are focused on our own health issues, everything else comes along to overwhelm us. Ask yourself if those issues are any different then usual. Deal with things you can, the things you have control of. We all go through financial worries at different times, take the steps you can to fix it. Being a restaurant manager is a great responsibility, take things easy when you get home. I love walking, listening to the birds, etc, it helps my peace of mind. Since I ruptured, my needs and wants have certainly changed, but I still go for my needs and then anything left over can go to a want if I want it that badly.