Fatigue

i suffered a brain aneurysm in late oct 2010. had a coiling technique and made a full recovery. the few things i have encountered is fatigue at the end of a work day. needing to sleep early which means getting up early… ouch. is fatique a common symptom? how long will it last ? happy to be alive. Thank God

Hi Robert, fatigue was a big symptom for me, I had a rupture in June 2007 and as coiled, then a follow up surgery in August 2008 that caused a stroke. I was back at work full time around July 2009. It took me a long time to get past the fatigue, it still hits me every now and then. I am much better now than I was last year at this time. My nickname with my husband and son was sleeping beauty because that was all that I seemed to do. I still seem to need more sleep than I used to but I am like you, happy to be alive and just dealing with the hand I have been dealt the best I can. Hang in there, it will get better.

Shelly

My ruptures were 7+ years ago; still have fatigue days; like flicking the dimmer switch...so even if not sleeping, my thought process can be extremely reduced... Fatigue, other symptoms, vary for all of us based on the location, the size, the SAH, etc...

Please rest when you need it; and ask your md about it when you have your next appointment.

Question...is how long you were hospitalized, and how long a recovery before returning to work?

You are blessed with the ability to do that...

Pat

Pat, I was hospitalized for about 4 weeks, home for 3 weeks. Back to work part time in 3 weeks, then full time. Working about 10-11 days now and I know I must discipline myself to get out after 8-9 hours max. (I work as a Technical Director - Chemist) Question : Did you go on social security disability for any part of your recovery. Rob

Rob,

You are amazing to be back to work so soon after the initial rupture; tho, w/a good 4 week reocvery. Did you have therapy during those weeks' or any done in the three weeks at home?

Many of us have gone thru some version of SS disability, from part time to permanent. Hopefully your employer has good HR/benefits...

Now, I am blanking...i.e. a site here w/basics on SS access data, etc...

Best of wishes for continued recovery...

Pat