Fatigue

I have had my 2 year angioplasty and all is great! but, the fatigue.....still unbelievable.....I can sleep, literally, 18 hours a day......does anyone else experience this type of lethargy?

Great news for the two year follow up! I sleep quite a bit being almost one year out from rupture but I don’t sleep like I did for the first six or eight months. Now I go to bed around 9 or 10, unless I’m over tired, get up around six and most days take a nap after lunch. Nap can last from one to four hours depending on what I’ve done for the day. Seems the more I bend over, the longer the nap has to be. And yes I still get headaches bending over; however, I try to set goals daily that are within reach to help retrain my body and brain. I sometimes end up pushing too hard, thus a longer nap.

Barb gives good sound advice to have a talk with your doctor. Exercise helps a lot, just a walk around the block is great! I believe most every doctor I know will do a CBC - complete blood count, to ensure you are not having any difficulties as Barb mentioned. My Neurosurgeon also checks for vitamin and mineral levels every time they take blood.

I'm 2.5 years out from my coiling. I was in the hospital for 32 days because of vaso spasms. I had PTSD prior to the rupture so this was doubly traumatic. I'm still tired a lot. I have a hard time going to sleep until 2-3 AM. And I sleep 12-14 hours. I can sleep less if I have to, but I'm groggy and discombobulated all day. At first everyone told me my deficits would clear up with the healing process. And some things are better. But being tired is not one of them.

I have had blood tests done and have started iron and complex B vitamins along with a multi vitamin. It's helped a bit with awareness while I'm awake. But the tiredness has remained and after being awake 5 hours or so my faculties diminish alarmingly. My aneurysm was right next to the olfactory nerve so I hallucinate smells. Of the hospital mainly which gives me panic attacks contributing to my fatigue.

Everyone's situation is different, but I am seeing a recurring theme of tiredness overall. Additional factors make it worse, of course. Take it easy on yourself and don't push too hard. Frustration will only make it worse. I wish you all the best.