Facial palsy

I have slight palsy on the left side of my face which has made me very self conscious despite people generally not noticing it(I have a beard which I think masks it a bit). I was recommended CACI facial toning to strengthen the muscles via nerve stimulation(using a micro current). I wondered if anyone has had anything like this and did it restore some balance and symmetry to the face?

TMG, never heard of it, hope other members have and can help out. Keep us posted

TMG, I don't have any experience with this, but a google search brings out all the hallmarks of a scam product: aggressive marketing, no authoritative research, and lots of video testimonials. Who recommended it? Your doctor? or a friend?

This site has a bunch of free exercises you can try, with your doc's approval:

http://www.bellspalsy.ws/exercise.htm

TMG- that’s what I saw on a Google Search as well - lots of ads. Couldn’t find anything yet on nih, webmd, etc. really talk to your doc about this. No sense throwing away good money that may not help or results would’ve been the same given time. The doc might know of a PT who specializes as the link Madere posted refers to

This was recommended by a friend who actually does it. It isn’t expensive. Apparently it was developed with stroke survivors in mind. It is supposed to be very effective and I see no harm in trying it. I had to get approval from Neurodoc in the form of a letter for them to do it. I will report my findings on here…

Sounds good TMG! Knowledge is power! What I read was all associated with Bells Palsy and in the UK. My partner has BP and it was just waiting for everything to relax. Our massage therapist did help with some techniques after the doc gave the okay. Good luck and I truly hope this helps you!

TMG... there is a lot of online ads...

However, there are also tremendous ads on all the networks... by the hospitals, a few clinics, the med insurance companies...so I can turn my head away from any online ad ...a/w/a the network ads...Ohhhh, they also advertise in some magazines, too..and, of course they all have their websites, too...

Since I am such an odd ball...I'd go for massage, craniosacral massage, and acupuncture....

Many of us do not have a beard...and, a number of us have also had droopy eyelids, too...

My husband had this for awhile after his clippings 5 years ago, but didn't take long for it to be corrected. He also still has some numbness in his left finger tips.