Eye lid problem!

Hi all,

I had a virus the past week,nothing really severe. A scratchy throat, then it hurt when I swallowed, then a dry cough followed. However, yesterday when I woke up, I felt really tired having coughed all through the night and in the afternoon I noticed in the mirror that my left eyelid appeared hooded, like the corner part under my eyebrow had dropped and had come over my eye. I was aware of it when I turned my eye. I bathed it thinking as it had been itchy through the night, that maybe it was an infection.

Today, It was still there! I made an appointment with my doctor who said it was not a stroke or a TIA but definitely neurological but that he hadn't seen any patient with anything like it before. He told me not to worry ,that it wasn't anything sinister and that he would refer me for a soon appointment with the ophthalmologist. Just wondering if anyone here has experienced this.

It is 22 months since the coiling of my aneurysm. I go on Monday for an MRI to check on my Pituitary tumor, its just a 15 minute scan. They won't check any other part of my brain, just my tumor. I am not due for an MRI until the end of May/June to check my coils. My doctor said my eye symtom is not connected to my pituitary tumor as that would only affects my actual vision.

Eve

x

I would wait and see what the opthamologist says. I’m by no means a doctor but I was kinda leaning towards Bell’s Palsy though it’s not exactly my partner’s symptoms. I get my pit tumor checked in July along with my coils and back. It’s a one stop shopping at the Neurologist Day! Good luck with everything. I hope members more knowledgeable than I offer their advice.

Eve...

Moltroub put together the Brain Basics in the lower Section; so recommend that...it may help

you ask questions of your doctors...

Wishing you the best...

Moltroub said:

I would wait and see what the opthamologist says. I'm by no means a doctor but I was kinda leaning towards Bell's Palsy though it's not exactly my partner's symptoms. I get my pit tumor checked in July along with my coils and back. It's a one stop shopping at the Neurologist Day! Good luck with everything. I hope members more knowledgeable than I offer their advice.

Thanks Moltroub, I did ask the doctor if it could be that, but he said it wasn't and he had no idea what it was!

Yeah I will wait and see what ophthalmologist says. It looks much better today x

patioplans said:

Eve...

Moltroub put together the Brain Basics in the lower Section; so recommend that...it may help

Wishing you the best...

Eve33 said:

patioplans said:

Eve...

Wishing you the best...

Ok thanks Pat. I will have a look later. I haven't been on for a while x