Edema of the eyelid

Hi, everyone!!!

My name is Alice, I had a ruptured aneurysm in Sept. 2004. I have since my surgery had swollen eyes, one far worse then the other. I have been to countless doctors and just last October was told in 20+ years of treating edema the Dr. had only seen this 3 times, he does not know what causes it or treatment for it. He said all 3 of us had had brain or neck surgery. Does anyone else have or have had this? My eyes swell so bad they swell shut, the eyelids are swollen all the time and when the weather changes it is worse. They can go from normal color to bright red within 5 minutes. It looks horrible and has effected my life more then having the aneurysm. I am trying to find an answer to this as I was told plastic surgery will not stop this!!!! I am at wits end!!!!! This is the only problem I have had since my surgery and have been able to lead a normal life including scuba diving. If anyone has suggestions or idea's please share them, I have run out of ideas!

Thanks!!!!

Alice

Alice...welcome... Some of us have droopy eyelids and/or dry eyes... or the edema...

Have you seen a neuro-ophthalmologist?

I had the extreme dry eyes...ironically, blessed to have correction on that...w/o surgery...even pills..

If somehow the fluid tubes can get help in expanding flow...it reminds of the garden hose...turn up or down...I cherish the authoring of Dr. Eric Nussbaum (his book is listed in the BAF main site). He uses a comparison to building a house...and the in-flows to out-flows...

Mine...our head has become the world; the lobes the continents...our major blood arteries the main rivers...the limbic system...a jungle or a strong forest...? I've not decided yet... Perhaps some neuro-PhD will author comparative to Dr. Nussbaum...I really like the other book, too...but am open to sharing my easiest comprehension (my issues!)...in a comparison to basic daily stuff...

Forgive my rambling...I cannot comprehend how neuro-docs are not fully educated in the flows to our eyes...and, how to reasonably cap them...similar to the shunts used w/hydrocephalus...

Prayers you get much more / better input from those who have the more expanded eye edema...

Pat

I do have a shunt so that was a good example. I do not have droopy eye or dry eye, I have swollen eye, like allergies gone wild, they get so swollen they shut or I can not see past the swollen knots in the lower eyelids. Did not know about neuro-ophthalmologists. I will check into that for sure. Living in Houston I do have world class Dr right in my area, so maybe I can find one!

Thanks...so hope for your updates..to help others w/same types...

Some time back...I read book on Houston hx...the big flood in the early 1900's...memory blank of title/author...My promotion of the two books/docs at this BAF site has held my mini-memory spot...

I will have to look at those. I went back to school to help with my memory and to prove a point. They told me I had damage to the short term memory and memory recall and that I would never be 100%, I told them 99% was fine with me, they said no, I said watch me! I graduated Cum Laude in December!!! I showed them....hahaha

Congratulations...it is magnificent to know...I am delighted for you...and, that you did not even let your eye edema prevent it...

yes, but over the past 10 years it has gotten worse and now it is unbearable. It does cause pain around the eye long with just looking horrid! I look like something is wrong and I really think it has hindered my job search.

Alice...I cringe supporting your statement...we have multiple factors this decade....w/our overall economy to the potential personal factors...a tough one to determine...beginning w/initial selection of an employee... the potential affect/effect of someone in a particular position...and our overall health...those concerns for a new employer...My prayers you can/may understand my opinions...I am fatigued and if I write another sentence....it may not track feasibly...?

Pat...