Double vision and leg weakness

Any one experiencing double vision or leg weakness after coiling?
Since my coiling 3 years ago I have had these frightening episodes. I have been to the best in Chicago, but none of them have answers
I’m beyond frustrated and scared.

Gina...yes, I have issues....from the time before discharge...

Down in the "Resource" section...is of subject: Visual Pathway...and, several things are noted...

Also just added/noted...searching the YouTube on: circle of Willis anatomy and physiology

These may help you in forming your questions to ask your doctors...

Please let us know these subjects under "Resource" helped...they only take a few minutes to peruse...

Hi I was coiled a year ago and I get weak legs bit like I’m doing the shaking Stevens mainly happens when I get all in a panic or its to busy around me , I went doctors but they just didn’t no why either , I’m just putting it down to getting anxiety, I just take a deep breath and try and clam myself down, hope Ure doing ok :slight_smile:

Hi joanne
I get what I call episodes, where I feel it coming on… My legs almost have a floating feeling to them. It lasts anywhere from 2 to 10 mins. It’s so upsetting. My double vision can be 2 times a month or 6 times. Each time I swear, that this is the time I’m gonna have a stroke… It’s terrible! The fact that there’s no rhyme or reason is beyond frustrating. No doctor so far has been able to figure it out. I just had another MRI and MRA. Waiting on results…
I just want answers :frowning:

I am 12 weeks postop coiling w a stent and I get leg weakness as well. I have told 3 different neurosurgeons this w no answers as to why. My right leg is worse than my left leg. I tried exercising in my pool and it was severely weak after that. I am new to this site and so happy to read I am not alone. My aneurysm is left sided and i have had nothing but right sided issues since surgery

Hi Jennifer
My aneurysm is on my right. Since my coiling my left arm is weak and continues to feel weaker even as I’m coming up on my 3 years anniversary. But as far as my legs, it’s both and it comes and goes and each episode lasts about 5 mins average. I know Dr’s Don’t know everything, but no one seems to think it’s a big deal, but ME!
I wish you the best and I hope your symptoms subside. I’m sure like me, you’re grateful to be alive :slight_smile:

Yes I am truly grateful to be alive, but overcoming the fear and anxiety of death now is my biggest challenge. Anytime i feel something different now, i go straight to the worst case scenario. Im in counseling, however, even a counselor cant fully understand how I feel. I feel the best counselors are the ones who have been through it, BUT, im truly happy i found this site. Reading everyone’s story makes me feel not so alone in this mental battle. I can never get any straight answers from doctors on anything. Everything i know is due to my own research, but that can sometimes be a double edged sword too. Hoping for a full mental, as well as, physical recovery from all of this.

Reading your responses is like reading my own words!
Any strange feeling in my head or anywhere in my body for that matter makes me automatically go to the worst case scenario. A headache, fatigue, pain… I get panicked that it’s another aneurysm or a stroke
And I too feel like NO ONE in my life including Dr. s… And I’ve seen the best in IL… get what it feels like to go thru life knowing there’s a coil and a stent in your brain… And when you don’t feel well… It can be terrifying cuz you assume the worst
I’m glad that you found this site… I know it’s brought me comfort knowing I’m not alone
I’ve learned… DR. s don’t know everything… They don’t always have the right answers or any answers for that matter
But I’m still gonna ask and I’m still gonna continue to monitor my symptoms
You have to be your own advocate, ask questions and sometimes make demands
I got alot of living to do
And I’m sure you do too:)

Gina, yes, it is quite frustrating to, not only have family and friends not understand, but also doctors who do not have answers. I get so mad all the time not finding out answers to my right sided numbness. I have been to 3 neurosurgeons now who just cannot tell me anything but 'your coils and stent looks good.' Okay, yes that is great news, but my body is telling me something else. UGH. The battle is endless. I really, truly hope the numbness goes away in my temple and face. Praying it does because I continuously think that I am having a stroke or it is leading up to a major stroke. =/

One other thing, with seeing a total of 4 neurosurgeons, it is unbelievable the vast difference in what they all say. So crazy.

Jennifer, I can’t tell you how crazy it is for me to read your responses
I feel like I’m responding to myself… Lol
I too just want answers
I’m not blaming anyone, I wanna know that what I’m experiencing is from my surgery and that others have experienced the same. It’s been only thru this website and talking to people like you that I get some peace and answers
I used to think my doctors were the answers to my prayers and I put such hope and trust in them
Well … Needless to say I’m disgusted with them all
I live everyday with weakness in my left arm, my legs going weak and buckling at times, double vision, pain behind my right eye…i know it’s there, and trying to explain it to anyone, while I have tears in my eyes, is maddening
I just do my life day to day
Grateful I get to spend every moment with my 3 sons:)
But I’ll never stop asking questions and seeing whatever doctor that may see something new to get answers
So glad I got to hear your story, I wish you all the best
Please keep me posted on your progress:)

hey, I feel for your frustration and fear. at sometime I had issues with double vision; Due tithe hem orange stroke my right eye was stuck in the upper corner of my eye left eye looking fine it was ifI was able to see two different planes at the same time Had corrective surgery to manipulate my dysfunctional eye straight hand vision therapy Doing the best that I can now have issues with a left field cut. We can just say that I Left out Try not to get stuck with fear God did not make any mistake she did not make you a creation of fear but, you are a creation of light. he made you and me strong for a time such as now we can do this! chin up! I only wish to assist you with understanding and strength
blessings,
sandy Rind