Disappearing Aneurysm?

Congratulations! Can you write more on your diet? was it paleo, raw, whole 30, low carb, did you limit fruits? Did you take specific supplements? What type of exercise? Is there a way you can PM me?

Yes, it is rare but I have heard of them shrinking and disappearing. I read 2 accounts of low fat whole foods vegans healing cardiac aneurysms and one brain aneurysm from raw diet.

I would suggest anyone wishing to discuss diet to start a new post. Sometimes things can get convoluted.

(04/03/2019)-UPDATE: I met with my Intervening Radiologist this morning. Bottom lineā€¦

1. It is possible for a certain, specific type of aneurysm to reduce and rarely disappear altogether.
  2. This is not the type of BA I have.
  3. My BA is still with me at the very same location. (approx. 1ā€ behind left eye off internal carotid and main juncture). The cylinder length has gone from 3-mm to currently 5-mm.
  4. Was - 2mm x 2mm x 3mm.
  5. Now - 2mm x 2mm x 5mm.
  6. Next step. - Cerebral Angiogram this week.
    Lastly. whoever interpreted the image last week was wrong. The aneurysm was visually imaged and perfectly in-focus.
1 Like

Thank you all very much for your kind replies and strong support. This was a great place to come and share. I hope to stick around and participate with you all for many years to come. No. I am not disappointed by the truth. I always believed this was just a simple error.
However, I am disappointed and honestly,ā€¦ I am slightly more anxious to learn the length went from 3-mm to 5-mm. Understandably so.
Thanks again to all of you.

1 Like

Correction:
Was 2mm x 2mm x 3mm
Now: 3mm x 3mm x 5mm

This is exactly was the Dr.(radiologist) said this morning. I canā€™t remember what he called them but said there were definite cases of a very specific type of aneurysm that can shrink and very rarely, will actually disappear all together. (Not what I have.). I posted 2 pics from last week and they clearly show the BA.
This was ā€œHuman Interventionā€. Not divine.
Thanks Peter.

1 Like

Hi. I would love to share. How do we sidebar?

1 Like

Hi, Can you add more to your post? I am not sure how to sidebar?

Radscan, to be honest I thought it was a mistake ā€¦ Sorry to hear that itā€™s growing :(. After angiogram doctors will see better the condition of it , and it will be more clear if treatment neededā€¦ I

You might want to get some more facts on that rupture with no intervention. Is this a story you have heard ? Or have you seen the CTA scan results showing it healed up on its own.

I am not in a position to have access to anyone elseā€™s scans other than my wifeā€™s. This was the testimony at a group of aneurysm survivors sharing their stories. You can doubt it from afar, and I can choose to believe it from closer up. We had reason to believe her as a truth-tellerā€“some people are. I personally have no interest in seeing her scans just to confirm her story. And I do believe my wife who heard it first-hand, not just grape-vine gossip.

1 Like

I had an aneurysm that ruptured in 2011. The surgeon sent me home after 12 days because he didnā€™t need to do any treatments for me. It just ā€œhealed itselfā€ he said. then he also said, ā€œI am sending you home and I have to say, Someone Upstairs must really like you!ā€ and that was that. I have had several scans with contrast and w/o and they are all clear. The latest doctor said, ā€œI canā€™t see that you have ever had any damage whatsoever-Are you sure it actually happened?ā€ As if I was making it up! ( I had just moved to N.C. and he hadnā€™t received all my medical records yet) So not sure how I feel either except ok then, I will just move forward. I have memory problems and am tired beyond words some days that I cannot explain, but overall I think I came out better than if I had to have went through surgery.

I wonder if itā€™s the type of aneurysm caused by infection. It begins with an ā€œmā€ I think. Iā€™ll have a look on the internet at some point, not today. Thereā€™s a young man who is helping me with chores Iā€™m not allowed to do anymore - like get on ladders.

Drink lots of water the day before your angiogram. It helps with getting the needle in and everything else. Make sure to drink a lot of water after as it helps to flush out the dye.

The folks that read the scans can make mistakes, Iā€™d forgotten, thanks for the reminder! Iā€™ve noticed they rarely are the same measurements as what my Neurosurgeon sees when she does the angiogram, I always go by what she sees and I will question whatā€™s on the report from the radiologist. Once or twice she has questioned them as well and will have one of the professors read it while sheā€™s on the phone.

I hope you stick around too!

1 Like

I live in NC as well! I highly recommend Dr. Stacey Wolfe at Wake Forest Baptist Health in Winston Salem :slight_smile:

1 Like

I live in the Charlotte area and found a highly recommended doctor that had just transferred here from the Mayo Clinic and he was shocked to see my scans and then compared to my newest scans. Apparently mine is hereditary because I have been doing a lot of testing (DNA and otherwise) and have found so many people in my family now that died suddenly of a ā€œbrain bleed.ā€ Obviously, they would not have expected it years ago and I am one of the youngest so far, but it makes me cautious for my children to be checked early now also. I am certainly going to follow up with the neuro docs more now that I know what I know.

Iā€™m about an hour west of you in Catawba County. The ER sent me to WFBH. Itā€™s a good drive to get there for appointments. Iā€™d certainly want my children to get DNA tested if I had your genetic history. We have no knowledge of anyone in my family tree.

1 Like

After I had read this I waited till I went back for a 6 month angiogram, Iā€™ve had 4 aneurysms, and 5 surgeries. Craniotomy, coiling which failed, causing another surgery, then pipelines on each side. It has been one heck of a rideā€¦the surgeon who did my surgery, him and his colleague are the ones who invented the pipeline surgery. I asked if they have ever heard of one disappearing, he said in all his years of practice, hes never had a case like that and has not heard of one. Then I thought, humm maybe there is divine intervention and he shook his head and smiledā€¦

1 Like

Pipeline was my only option in the end, it saved my life more than once because the aneurysms were to dangerous to get to again. They are the best things that have happened in this technology. If there were not any options, how scary that would be. With that said though, there are so many side effects. Iā€™ve had so many. Iā€™m lucky to have a private number to call with any problems, but they are still researching side effects. I have at least one for life. I wish to God they said mine disappeared. I definitely would want to see before and after scans if it were iā€¦wishing everyone the best outcomes we can hope for and get!!!

2 Likes

I am so glad to hear you are doing well. I know it is overwhelming. This is exactly why I do not ever want to complain about surviving some pain and discomfort for a few years. A bit of memory loss and some instability on my feet some days! I thank God every single day that I am alive! It is just hard to do the things I did before and I expect so much out of myself and my family seems to forget what I went through-because they say, well you didnā€™t have surgery and you were healed so really you should be glad you are not as bad off as others, basically, they want me to not have bad days. Well I get it, I donā€™t want to have bad days either, but the bad days show up anyway. I wake up sometimes and think, maybe it really was just a bad nightmare and today I will be the old me againā€¦nopeā€¦thatā€™s not itā€¦I really did have the aneurysmā€¦and I have to keep going. :crazy_face:

1 Like

This is the clinic where I go. I had a rupture 14 years ago, and I live ā€œup northā€. Helicopter ride to Ann Arborā€¦ Coiling was attempted, then the ruptured anny was clipped. Another surgery was done before I left hospital to clip 3 more on that side. I returned 5 months later to have 3 more clipped on the opposite side. At that time another tiny (2 mm) one was found on a follow up angiogram. It has been monitored for 13 years, and then decided to grow :-(. So I just had coiling done on that one 3 days ago. The neurosurgeon recommended coiling due to my age. I have great confidence in U of M hospital . Sending you good wishes for great results and trouble free healing.

2 Likes