Disability

my boss thinks i need to apply for disability and well she might be right

hmmmm does this mean i accepted my limitations or just gave up............................................. i hate to amit i might not be able to do things like i used to

and if one more co-worker says get over it we r sick of hearing about your stupid head already

it might get called "goin bartender"....lol

i looked up disability following a brain aneurysm and it says the qualifications go by what you're capable of now and what you're no longer capable of doing.

i was looking into disability prior to the aneurysm because i have severe arthritis in my right knee which greatly reduces my quality of life.

sorry your co-workers don't get it. tell them to just be grateful they aren't in your shoes and then instruct them to kiss the hairiest part of your arse.

Hi Sweetie...I am so sorry for the mean people...so many in this world...I like Kathy's advice...

As far as disability, I think it needs to be a personal decision you make along with your family...

Cyber~healing your way...Colleen

Hi Lisa, I agree with both Kathy & Colleen. People sometimes are not aware or don't care about health issues and how it can affect ones life till they experience something themself. Yes, Colleen, I agree with you. Some of them are just downright mean too! Very sad!

Put yourself and your needs first. Jeanne

Lisa,

I have been on SSDI disability for some years now due to extreme side effects from 4 yrs of cancer treatment (not the cancer itself). I have tried to go back to work a couple of times since, but have been unable to last. Unless you have a disease that automatically qualifies you, it could take awhile (i.e. stage 4 cancer, etc.). Plus, I would think if you are still working, it would be difficult.

Just because you are on disability does not mean you give up. Accepting your limitations is only as much as you want to accept - you can still stay busy and "do" other things without having that 9-5 job. I think the one symptom that bothers me the most is my short term memory loss that will apparently remain permanent - my muscle pain I have learned to live with, along with other symptoms that I still have. Those of us that are disabled can still have a meaningful and fulfilling life (just not as much income!!).

In the years since I have been "disabled", I helped advocate for 12 families that lost their home and belongings in a fire, collecting furnishings and established a fund for them. I also did this during another disaster. I help once a month provide dinner at a homeless shelter. For several years I was the organizer for a group for women and children that fled domestic violence.

Like Kath, I am sorry that your co-workers do not understand. What type of work do you do? I think for most people, it's hard to understand when we look "fine" on the outside.

Take care,

Sherri

way to go!! helping others is what it's all about!!

thank goodness for people like you!!

I would strongly recommend talking to a Disabilty lawyer. They are helpful in handling what you are going through. I have had three separate coiling and have been on SSDI since 2009. It took 3 years waiting .And while waiting I lost my home, all assets, friends, and if not for my brother's help, homeless. People who can't see the illness are ignorant an d you will learn to ignore their ignorance. You need a support group and take each day as it comes. I was 30 years of hard work, type A, and it is a long battle of knowing your limitations. I would love to work again, but I need to have constant rest, IO still get headaches daily, dizzy etc. Hang in there!