Did anyone experience this

… A sort of sudden aura along with a sudden dull head ache and slight confusion? Im waiting for doc office to send a pre-cert to have an MRI. Could be few days. Doc says my symptoms are probably too much tension but i wanted to hear from anyone who has had experience w aneurysms. Thx

I have an active (unruptured) AVM as well as 2 clipped (unruptured) aneurysms. I have a history of migraine with aura. For years the doctors just thought the migraines were due to stress (although increased stress is one of my migraine triggers). I've had 3 Gamma Knife radiation treatments to start shrinking the AVM and have had a craniotomy to clip the aneurysms, but I still get migraines. In fact, I have one right now--started getting the aura during teacher inservice today. My neurosurgeon sent me to a neurologist to help manage the migraines. She seems to think that I'd have migraines whether or not I had the AVM & annies, but that they have been making the migraines more frequent & more severe.

Wow ok. Thanks for response. I also tend to feel heat inside my head at the base of my skull where i get the head aches, and painful cracks too as if i (cracked my neck) at the base of my skull. Im not much comfortable waiting for the pre-cert to go thru.

Were you born w the AVM? And what do you do for that?

Sorry. I see you mentioned radiation

The doctors seem to think the AVM was congenital & has been growing for the past 40+ years. AVMs can be treated with a craniotomy, with embolization, with radiosurgery, or some combination of the three.

I typically feel my migraines behind my right eye. Sometimes they are piercing, sometimes pounding. Since my first GK and the clipping, I sometimes get my migraines closer to the back of my head, too. (The AVM is in my right parietal lobe, but also affects the right occipital lobe.)

Well , glad youre taking care if that!
I havnt been diagnosed w anything as I mentioned earlier im waiting for an MRI appt. Hopefully its all just major tension. Ive suffered from anxiety for 3 yrs now but these symptoms ate new and scary. And waiting for tests is horrible.
Do you associate the aura with migraines or the AVM?

The aura are definitely precursors to a migraine.

I hope you get your MRI appt. soon. It took my husband being pushy before a doctor finally agreed to a CT & they worked me in that day. When they looked at the results the following afternoon, they booked me in for an MRI the day after that.

Re Re I am 23 I was diagnosed with a grade 5 AVM when I was 7 they did a glue plug coil around that time. When I was 15 years old they did 8 glue plug coil surgeries and 10 treatments of cyber knife radiation treatments.

I hope everything is fine with everyone. My MRI as seems to come back ok. I still suffer from the horrible migraines and extensive stress related anxiety from my lifestyle. I also do have Mitral Valve Prolapse of the heart so that is a concern also for me with my stress levels. I need cardiologist visits every year too. Thank you for all the responses. These forums help so much.

it's cool finding people on here with AVMs

Please keep us posted on your MRI results...~ hoping all is good ~ Colleen