Daughter of Survivor -6 months forward!

many thanks to those who responded to first and only post since today. That was a day of just searching and trying to find answers which seemed elusive. Your suggestions were helpful.

Tonight, I ask this question?

My Mother is an amazing gift, she has inspired me beyond all words. However, I could use some suggestions on motivation and initiation. My Mom is very conversant, very engaged, Mom`s responses to humour and her she has remained true to her authentic self. It is amazing.

However, it is impossible to get Mom out of her comfy chair and and do `things`. her hobbies and interest she can talk about, but will not make the move to do them. Depending on how badly Mom wants something she will engage. I have noticed Mom`s initiative seems to happen spontaneously with emotion ( standing to greet and hug a friend, as the table is being cleared placing the left overs in the ziploc etc).

We are going to see a Neuropsychologist at the end of the month because of delusions associated with vaso-vagal and bathroom time. Sometimes, when Mom is tired, the delusions can slip into the better part of the day.

Also, has anyone noticed, after an MRI - is it possible for confusion and lethargy- along with headache and joint pain. Mom`s blood pressure had dropped quite low for a few days after the MRI. And the delusions concerning :the committe`were exasperated.

Any suggestions on how to help with motivation and initiation appreciated. ( Mom`s aneurysm was frontal, coiled and cerebral shunt). We are blessed.

Kari

HI Kari...I think the Neuropsyche can help you and mother out a lot...he/she may be able to give suggestions on mother's motivation. We are all different after the surgery...and mother may not be able to do somethings as she done before...for now...I would address all these issues with Doctors...~ Colleen