Continuing headaches

my husband had his brain aneurism Nov8th and coiling procedure on Nov 11th, we came back from hospital Dec 2nd, he is having re occurring headaches, ringing in his ears, dizzy ness and some vision issues. We have been doctoring between his primary Dr. and a referral to a Neuologist in Grand Forks, we live in northern Mn and the closest "city" I Grand Forks or Fargo, when my husband went in to ER they airlifted him to Fargo and then they airlifted him to United Hosp in St Paul, I have been contacting all of thes to figure out what to do, the Neuro in Grand Forks was hopeless and not going back there. so worried that these headaches might turn into another aneurism or that the coiled aneurism is leaking what does any one suggest, going crazy trying to figure out what to do and the extreme anxiety I have thinking this bleed will happen again

I'm sorry to hear about these issues and have no real support other than to note keep up with the doctors to make sure things went well and remember the first year is the worst and then things slowly get better,.

From what I have learned many peoe who have had this surgery have headaches and feel dizzy for a while. I went to a BA support group and talked to so many people who had coiling done, and although it was a rough recovery, they are all happy healthy people with little to no side effects. I have an un ruptured aneurysm so I intend on knowing as much as I can and wanted to reach out to you. I will be praying for your husband to heal quickly! He WILL;)
Sending hugs,
Amy

Breathe deep. Do yourself a favor and try to do something for yourself! A psychologist was my saving grace. She listens, she recommended xanax, she started me on “The Mindfullness Solution” by Ronald D. Siegel. Learning to live in the present after going through such a traumatic experience is revolutionary. Stay in the present, do not worry. It takes practice, some therapist have been trained in this type of therapy. PTSD is very difficult to overcome for us survivors and their caretaker. Headaches are a reality, learning to know the difference in the true warnings signs is important. Fortunately your husband survived and now has earned his warrior wings if you will. A visit to an eye doctor to check his vision would be good. A visit to an ear, nose, and throat doctor could help with the dizziness, ringing in his ears, and hearing. Perhaps find a new neurologist from the list of doctors from this website. It is great that you found this website which is full of great information! Everyone suffers different symptoms. But you are here bearing these opportunities to find a way to make his life the best you can now. So direct the questions to the appropriate doctors who can help. By all means a follow up telephone call to the surgeon or his nurse for referrals might be a good idea? Keep a separate notebook and write it down so you can track your accomplishments daily. Seeing achievements always makes us feel better. Your husband could journal his feelings and setbacks daily. I am 1 year post clipping and still suffer daily headaches. Wishing you and your husband the best! Warmest regards, REG