Clipping and coiling

July - I think it’s crazy that you can’t seem to get a callback, but I did find that I sometimes had to make actual in person appointments to get a good 1/2 hour of the surgeon’s time. It might be the sad reality of “medical” these days - they just keep these doctors booked all day long. I would go in with a list of 25 questions and he’d take them one by one, even drawing illustrations of my brain on the exam table paper. Those informational appointments helped a lot. I just looked through all my files and can’t seem to find the size of my anterior communicating artery aneurysm. But the doctors did tell me they characterized it as “very small.” Which may be how I survived the rupture.

Btw, I would up needing not one but TWO craniotomies. The first surgeon at Yale clipped it only half way and used too large of a clip, which moved all around and finally came to rest in my optic nerve! So a second surgeon at NYU had to do the whole thing over again 2 months later. What a nightmare but I’m lucky I found the second surgeon or I would have died.