Cleveland Clinic Update

All,

Thanks for all the prayers. God definately answered our prayers. Got a great dr. who was very informative and took the time to listen.

I went seeking surgery to fix 5x3 anni. I was told that no dr. would ever suggest clipping because of location of anni. Internal caroid artery. They would have to go through bone and no dr. would do that. So coiling it is.

I even asked the question that many of us on here wonder about. Why are there so many different opinions from same kind of drs. He said it all comes down to experience. The more aneurysm's they see or deal with the more experience they will have. Makes sense.

So for me he wants me to get MRA in Dec. to see if any growth or change. If so he will fix. There was a question about size of anni. He is not sure if when first found if if was really a 2mm or if it has always been a 5mm. Said there is no way to tell for sure. So if it has always been a 5mm then that is good because there has been no change. But if it has grown to a 5mm in three years that makes it more concerning.

Overall a good experience. Thanks again for all the prayers and know that I will keep all in prayer as well. Let's keep the faith and remember God makes NO mistakes.

Deanna

Hi Deanna...

You sound good since your appointment...like I told another, sometimes it is better when we know...then the not knowing and the waiting...Doc's have a plan and that is a good thing...

You and everyone at BAF...continue to have my prayers...! Cyber~Hugs Colleen

Hi Deanna, My aneurysm is also 5 x 3mm and on the right ICA. Both my neurosurgeon's have recommended clipping as it has a smaller blood vessel branch coming off it so coiling would have a very high risk of stroke. Did your surgeon's recommend coiling over clipping because it is much less invasive and because you have the option?

Good luck with your MRA in December

Best wishes

Wendy

Wendy,

Thinking about what dr said and now seeing what you posted I am confused yet again about the clipping. Will be calling dr. today for info. on my anni and get back to you.

Deanna

Sorry Deanna, I did not mean to confuse you. It's probably because of the location of your aneurysm that you have the option of a much less invasive surgery than me. Mine is located near the right temple, above the right eye, at the termination of the ICA, with a small branch vessel arising from it's neck. The small branch vessel makes it unsuitable for coiling.

Best wishes

Wendy

Wendy,

It's ok. I confuse easy. Everytime I try to get more info. on clipping drs. give me the run around. I don't have as many details about location of mine as you seem to. All I know its behind right eye. Will be praying for you.

Deanna

Hi Deanna - I had coiling done on an 8x11 unruptured aneurysm also behind my right eye. It’s been 9 mos now (HURRAY!!!) and I am totally fine. My 6mos follow up angio was great, and I’m really fine. I have 2 tiny ones that are being monitored, but I just wanted to let you know that I believe you too will have a good outcome. Coiling was very clearly the recommended course of action for me, too. Good luck!