Celebrating 50 years as a survivor and shocked by my sister’s rupture today!

50 years ago today, I was recovering from a craniotomy for a rupture PCom aneurysm. My recovery was miraculous under any circumstances but more so in an era before CT scans, MRI and microsurgery. Having no significant deficits from the rupture and surgery, I have lived long, and well, so that my primary health concerns these are those that come with age.:blush:

Yesterday, I went up for blessings at church to celebrate the anniversary of this miracle and that there have been no other ruptures since then, However, I did hesitate to write a celebratory post here or on FB.

Shortly after I awoke this morning, I was shocked to learned that one of my sisters had just had a ruptured PCom aneurysm.:open_mouth:

Unlike my experiences with misdiagnosis on the first bleed and surgery not being performed until almost a week after my second bleed, things are going smoothly for my sister.

The physicians at the local emergency hospital recognized my sister’s symptoms and arranged for her to immediately transferred to a regional trauma center. There, her coiling was completed in less than 6 hours after she had arrived at the local emergency hospital!!!

On this day, I give thanks to God for the blessing of healing that he bestowed on me and is bestowing on my sister.:pray:t5::pray:t5::pray:t5:

7 Likes

What a beautiful post! Enjoyed every bit of it. Of course, I didn’t like to hear that your sister also experienced an aneurysm, but she has the best support in you. Blessings! It is worth celebrating!

2 Likes

Ms. Carol! Congrats on the anniversary and the contrast from your experience and your sister’s in a span of five decades is amazing. Hope all goes well for your sister.

2 Likes

I am so thankful for you celebrating 50 yrs. gives me so much hope. Isn’t God so faithful to us. And for your sister a miracle for her. Please let her know I will be saying prayers for her. I am so glad you can comfort her because you already been in her place. God Bless both of you. :pray:t2::pray:t2::heart::heart:

1 Like

Indeed miraculous to both you and your sister. My daughter, 27 yrs old, got the rupture almost 6 mos ago. She was near to death. Thanks to the Lord, and the medical team and the inpatient rehab team of the Utah University hospital, she is in the path of recovering. Lots of rehab ahead to regain the mobility for her left body at the Bay Area, but we’re grateful for what she can do today. Still praying hard for her short term memory to recover.

1 Like

Congratulations, Carole on your Annie-versary. Please give your sister our good wishes for a speedy recovery!

1 Like

What a great testimony. So happy for both you and your sister.

1 Like

Praise God for the wonderful blessings of healing and protection

1 Like

Congratulations on your anniversary! And so glad your sister is doing well. We should all thank God for what he has done for us through our caretakers. Wishing you and your sister many years of good health.

1 Like

Hello Carol. Congrats on your 50th anniversary as a survivor. It was your story that made me overcome my fear of living with 2 small aneurysms 7 years ago. I celebrated my 7th anniversary in January of this year.

I wish your sister all the best. She has you to guide her through the healing process. This website was a blessing for me. If I hadn’t come across this website, I don’t know where I would be today.The old format was much more user friendly. I miss having the “Living with Aneurysm” group where I could read others stories as well as give encouragement to those who are in the same situation as I am.

Congratulations again,and wish your sister God’s blessings!

Eula

2 Likes

Congratulations , wonderful to hear stories like yours.
I’m happy your sister is dong well.

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all your kind words and support these past few weeks.

I cannot tell you how happy and thankful I am to be able to report that my sister is out of the hospital and is now at one of the best rehab centers in the country where she is working on her balance and regaining her confidence.

She has no significant deficits!! :grinning:

Thanks be to God! He has granted our family a second miracle of healing after an aneurysm rupture.:pray:t5::pray:t5::pray:t5:

Carole

Carole, you have so much to celebrate! Interesting how different your sister’s experience was from yours. I guess medical science has learned a lot in the intervening five decades! (Oh my, that sounds like a lifetime, doesn’t it? Wait: it is a lifetime!)

Your post is such a wonderful testament to your faith, and I hope it will be an inspiration to all those who come here for emotional support and and prayers. I’m giving it a place of honour in our “Prayer & healing Requests” category, where it will be easily found by those looking for emotional support, instead of getting buried eventually in the “General” category. (No need for you to do anything!)

All good wishes, and blessings to you and your whole family
Seenie from ModSupport

1 Like

Oh Ms. Carole that is great news! Your family is truly blessed as we are with all your wisdom and experience! Give her a big hug, tell her to hug you back for me :hugs:

1 Like