Can flow diverter move?

Hey,

I was a bit stressed lately and my pressure sometimes went up around 135-90. Normally it is around 105/70.

I would just like to know if i can move flow diverter if pressure rises? I am 3,5 months post procedure. I am bit scared because after my pressure rises i started feeling this mild headache where stent should be and i am scared i moved it somehow?

Not a doctor obviously but from my knowledge flow diverters are kind of like a scaffold for the endothelium or lining of the blood vessels so in a way they should be incorporated into the very artery itself. As someone with three flow diverters myself, I have experienced pain and headaches sort of in the area of my stents too but I think this is a function of the aneurysm shrinking rather than a stent moving. I would highly doubt that they can move much especially so long after your procedure but I am very familiar with the anxiety of it all. Just know that this technology is incredibly effective and remarkably safe at least as far as brain aneurysm treatment goes. I’m sure you also will have follow up CTs or angiograms and I’ve found that getting these done has eased my worries about anything happening to the stents.

2 Likes