Botox shots really?

I just wanna cry!!! My new neurologist suggested shots in the back of my neck. Botox was one of those possibility. She thinks I might have some kind of problem with my occipital nerve which is causing the stabbing and burning in my head. I hate needles. :'(

Oh, I forgot she did mention I could take some medication that is for seizures but one of the side effects is memory loss. Like I need anymore of that....

I get bad migraines. When I first heard of Botox for migraines, I thought, "well, I can get rid of the pain and look younger." Now, after having surgery and not being able to feel my forehead and most of my head, I don't think I could ever get Botox.

Did the neurologist order any scans to rule out an aneurysm?

I had an occipital nerve block for another condition I have and I couldn't even feel the needle. I didn't get numb at all so I got about 10 shots and I know it sounds terrible to get these, but on my head I can't feel the needle - and I'm very sensitive to needles. For me, the stress I worked up in my mind was the worse part. Good luck to you

Thank you terri and wende. no she didn't order any new scans because i had an angio last month and an mri the month before and she saw those scans. she is sending me to a neurologist that specializes in movement disorders and they're verifying with insurance if the nerve blocker shots are covered. she said the shots would go in the back of my neck and that most people don't feel it. But I should have asked why didn't symptoms of this show up sooner. my anni was in november. I would assume that this has something to do with my annie because i didn't have problems before it.

VJ...

A neurodoc suggested Botox for a tender spot on my skull (the minimally invasive coiling...not open surgery)

I did not take Botox..my concern/personal opinion...was/is how much may Botox prevent me from feeling any new symptoms? I was blessed that an advocate was with me... went in because my acupuncturist would not treat that specific part of my skull unless it was checked... Instead of Botox, I continue acupuncture, activator (light touch) chiropractic...other massage, some yoga...

Perhaps "botox"... is a good question for "ask the doc"... ???

Wishing you the right decision for you...for your comfort... with hopefully lots of feedback from those who have had Botox...