Back to work!

My aneurysms were on February 24 this year. I have been released to return to work beginning Tuesday! I am excited! Since we don't have a cot or place to lie down, I have put my recliner in the employee lounge. Needless to say, everyone is pleased about that, may have to kick people out if I need it! I have a long daily commute and am nervous about that. My left side tends to go numb after being awake for 8 - 10 hours, which will be about the time to commute home. Any driving advice?

Hi Cindy...I am glad you are excited to go back to work...please take baby steps ... if you can start out with half days, etc., this will help greatly not to set you back...if you are unable to do this then be sure to rest when you get home at night...I am sorry I can't help you with driving issue, because I no longer drive myself...I think this is something you should ask your Doctor...not sure how you are suppose to deal with numbness and driving...keep us posted ... wishing you the best ~ Colleen

Thank you Colleen! I started part time Tuesday, four hours a day, afternoons. The long commute has been a challenge. I have had some issues. I was able to work about 3 1/2 hours the first three days, then 4 hours Friday. This doesn't include the 2 1/2 hours driving. I think I can get there, with more practice.

Such a long commute...Glad you are back part time so you body and brain can take the time to adjust...now the weekend...rest and take care of YOU...Thoughts out to you ~ Colleen

Thank you Colleen! I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well!