Art helps the healing

IMG_6836I will be presenting paintings I have made on wooden art palettes in Fargo ND on 9 September … they are all self portraits and show how I have dealt with my life after a burst brain aneurysm. Aphasia is a nasty side effect of my stroke… painting has allowed me to express myself and to regain a voice! …
Some of the paintings are weird, some appealing… all of them gave me a purpose to continue and not to just give up when the day might be bad. Check out my Facebook page…Sandra Muzzy Watercolor Studio.

6 Likes

Beautiful way to heal Sandra, thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

hey! i loves your paintings! i used to love painting so much when i was in high school, but i never really took it as my “skill”, so i never continue since high school, but i still do loves looking at people’s paintings…

i thought i have dyslexic or (something else, i couldn’t remember now), but when i explained how im feeling to my cousin, she knew that what i have is not dyslexia but it’s aphasia…(never confirmed this with doctor though) but it has become like my new characteristic :joy:

oh btw @Moltroub , hey happy birthday! i see the birthday cake next to your name, im guessing that means you are having a good birthday? :grin:

Oh aphasia and the inability to find the correct word is aggravating! I do recall when people would try to give me the word, if it wasn’t the right one my brain would often just shut down. It does get better over time and a bit of work. Try reading anything - books, magazines, whatever you fancy. You might find taking up art again will really help with everything, just look at how well @Artist is doing!

And thank you for the birthday wishes! I slept in a little later than usual, have my cup of tea, already played with the dogs, so it’s a great start to celebrating 63 years of a well lived life!

3 Likes

@Moltroub
Happy Birthday to you :bouquet:

1 Like

BirthDay🙏🏽Blessingz!
Wishing you many more❣️

1 Like

@oct20 and @Blessed1 thank you so much! My niece and her husband called me yesterday to sing the Happy Birthday song (it’s a family tradition). My nephew was teasing me about my age and was throwing out ridiculous ages. You should have heard my niece, BH and myself when he said 53, I told him I wasn’t repeating that age for love nor money. He’d forgotten I was 53 when I popped my pipe🤣

Sandra, I love your work, I paint as well. But after my annie ruptured in 1998 I decided to take on a different kind of art! Music. :wink: My bands name is ConnQuest and we play in the Detroit area. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CghDZs_lbM
Enjoy the music, love the painting!
I’d love to see more of your work. I can be reached through a PM.

Connie