Anyone have cerebral artery bypass?

Yesterday I met with yet another neurosurgeon. He is a top doc in my state and world renowned. He brought up a "potential issue." I am missing a certain artery in my brain. I can't remember the name. However, this is quite common. It just does not form. Based on the placement, size, and shape of the artery, the clip "may" limit/block blood flow in one of the arteries. If that is the case, he said that he would do an artery bypass. I will admit that I broke down when he mentioned limited/blocked blood flow. I know what that could mean. Stroke. He discussed what he would do. He also drew me a picture. He made it sound so simple. So overwhelming though. I don't think I can hear about anymore potential problems. On a positive note, I really liked the doctor. He seems to care about me as a person and I feel that I can really trust him.

Wow Terri, I'd have freaked out too. But like you said, the really good thing is that you like him, he's top notch, and him being a Neurosurgeon with high credentials I'm thinking means that this may be no big deal to him --but I know its a big deal to you! My prayers go out to you , its hard enough to know you've got an aneurysm let alone knowing there could be a potential problem in addition to the annie itself. Prayers and peace Terri !

Janet

Terri,

I am so pleased for you; you have been blessed...

Some time back, I had found data on the percentages of arteries that do not form/develop as the bulk do...and some branch to a different artery than the usual.

Please keep us informed on your schedule...

Warmth and prayers...

Pat

Ah Terri...you have my prayers...sending some positive vibes your way ~ Colleen

Hello Terri

I was one of the only 30% who have all the arteries in the Circle of Willis intact, but there was still discussion about bypass (as one of the arteries was very small) if I failed the balloon occlusion test done prior to coils and artery occlusion. Thankfully I passed the test so bypass was not required. Hopefully someone on here will have had a bypass and be able to tell you a little about it.

I hope and pray you have peace about it all.

Judith