Anyone ever dealt with?

My aneurysm ruptured on Jan 1, 2011 with all the complication and problems you can have but life had returned to almost normal when I found out there had been a reccurance and I needed to have more coils put in. On Oct. 11th I went back for surgery and they told me they were going to be putting a pipeline stent in to fix my aneurysm. It was so large and the 18 coils had failed and this was a better option for me! Everything went great and I went home the next day. About a week after surgery I woke up and couldn't see clearly. My vision was double and blurry. I called my doctors at the Mayo clinic and they decided to put me on steroids to see if that would help take the swelling down and improve the symptoms. I hasn't..... I go back tomorrow for another MRI and other tests. I wondered if anyone had ever had a similar issue. I can lay on my left side or tip my head that way and my vision clears some and isn't double any more. If I lay my head to the right it gets much worse! I am frustrated this causes headaches and nausea and makes daily activities very challenging.

(((((((Tammy))))))))))

I am saying a big prayer for you that they get to the bottom of what is going on today with your MRI and other tests...

Healing ~ thoughts and prayers your way...Colleen

Thank you Colleen!! I am happy to report that the MRI showed everything in my brain is just as it should be. Their thoughts are that the as the bloodflow to the aneurysm has been cut off it is clotting in the aneurysm and causing swelling and pressure that is causing my vision problems. They are hoping that it will get better in the next few months as it dries up. It’s just a relief to know that is not a sign that something bad is going on again. :wink: Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

TAMMY, MY SIGHT IN BOTH EYES DETERIORATED A FEW WEEKS AFTER MY RUPTURE. I WAS TOLD IT WAS BECAUSE BLOOD HAD BEEN FORCED INTO THE BACKS OF BOTH EYES. i FELT HORRIBLY VULNERABLE AND DID NOT WANT TO TALK TO PEOPLE BECAUSE I COULD NOT SEE THEIR EXPRESSIONS. ALSO I COULD NOT READ OR WATCH TV AND WAS TERRIBLY BORED. ALSO WHEN OUT WALKING I WOULD HAVE SCARY OPTICAL ILLUSIONS OF STAIRCASES OR CLIFF EDGES OPENING UP IN FRONT OF MY FEET AND MY HUSBAND WOULD HAVE TO COAX ME TO WALK FORWARD. ALSO I CONSTANTLY SAW PEOPLE OF ALL AGES WHO WERE NOT REALLY THERE, FOR EXAMPLE I WOULD SEE MY HUSBAND WITH A SMALL BOY ON HIS LAP, OR I WOULD BE IN THE BATHROOM AND THE WALLS LOOKED LIKE GLASS WITH AN OFFICE FULL OF PEOPLE WATCHING ME ON THE OTHER SIDE. YOU CAN IMAGINE, I THOUGHT I WAS GOING COMPLETELY NUTS. FINALLY I HAVE HAD AN OP ON EACH EYE, A FEW WEEKS APART, TO CLEAN OUT THE BLOOD AND MY SIGHT IS RETURNING TO NORMAL, THOUGH I STILL GET DAILY HEADACHES AND CANNOT DRIVE OR WORK, BUT I AM OPTIMISTIC. MAYBE MY BLINDNESS HAD A DIFFERENT CAUSE TO YOURS BUT AT LEAST I CAN EMPATHISE! SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS LOCK, ONLY JUST NOTICED. TAKE CARE, ALL THE BEST, LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON. SALLY XX

Thank~God Tammy...!

Keep a log of progress or no progress...better to be safe then sorry...and keep resting and healing...

In my Thoughts...Colleen

i always had bad vision but i learned after my eye exam i have a cateract in each eye.

Tammjy, I had an unruptured aneurysm clipped in April 2011. The aneurysm was on my left carotid artery and was resting on the optic nerve of my left eye. After surgery, I had some double vision and some “garbled” vision, in my left eye. After vision testing my neuro-opthamologist told me there was damage done to my optic nerve which is permanent. If I close my left eye my vision is great. He also told me that damage to the optic nerve often occurs with aneurysm surgery when close to the eye. Hope your problem proves to be something correctable over time. However frustrating this may be, just hang in there and think positive thoughts.

Tammy,

Am so sorry to hear of your problems, but I will tell you that I had the pipeline surgery on June 8, 2011. I have not had any of the problems you have experiences, except for headaches which I was forewarned about at the time of my surgery. The headaches have gotten better with time, I'm almost 5 months post op. I still do have a huge probelm with fatigue, but am working my schedule around that trying to deal with this new me!

I do see that your MRI showed that things are ok and the PED is doing what it's supposed to do. That is great news! I assume your annie was in the ICA near the ophthalmic artery or near the optic nerve? I do hope that these issues resolve quickly for you. I have my angio in December and I'm hoping for the good news that my PED worked and the annie has gone bye bye, and hopefully that my other annie on the other ICA has not grown any.

Best wishes and prayers to you for a speed recovery!

Linda

After my rupture I had loss of some vision in my left eye that has never improved and I assume is permanent. I am hoping this double vision improves yet. The doctor said he thinks it will improve with time. So I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I hope you get good news with your checkup in December! Thank you for your prayers.