Anxiety?

I had a clipping in April of 2012 and just this last year been getting super fast pulse and a funnimg feeling in my head and a feeling as if im going to pass out…ive been to the dr so many times and the keep checking me and saying I have anxiety…during one of my visits they scanned my head and found three more annies weree now watching.But I keep getting these feeling and they come at the most random tims…like during sleep or watching a movie! I dont understand whats going on…ive tried meds and they make me way worse…im so senitive to meds…Has anyone else felt like this?

Have they checked for hydrocephalus? They would see enlarged ventricals on imaging. Recovery from my craniotomy/clipping was super hard the first month, until that was diagnosed and I got a shunt. Can't imagine your doctor would miss that, but perhaps it deserves a direct question.

I do know anxiety can cause impressive physical symptoms. Headache, tense neck and shoulders, feelings of numbness and burning, racing heart, feeling weird, etc, etc...I started getting all these after they found my aneurysms. Even when I was not feeling at all nervous, at random times. I did some neck stretches I found on YouTube and 80% of the headaches went away, so that reassured me. What you have gone through is huge and any of us would have massive anxiety. I do!

But the kicker is, it could also NOT be anxiety. I wish there was a quick and easy test to do at home that would tell us!! But maybe try doing tension stretches and relaxation and see if it helps at all and if it does then you'll have at least some evidence it is anxiety.

From what the surgeon has told me....unruptured annies do NOT cause any symptoms unless very huge, and then it is rare.

I hope this stops for you soon, I know it is awful to go through.

Might be time to get another opinion–from a cardiologist. These are symptoms of arrhythmia, the rapid heart beat and the lightheadedness. As aneurysm survivors, we are at greater risk for blood vessel problems elsewhere and for heart disease. Don’t fret, it is very treatable. My husband (without aneurysm) has an arrhythmia. A drug, a beta blocker, has worked well and he doesn’t have side effects. It not only took away those symptoms, it actually calmed him down. Hope this helps them look for other possible causes and you find a solution. It makes me mad when they think everything is neurological now. I had an episode of near fainting in the summer heat and everyone was looking at my brain, but it turned out to be an electrolyte problem because I had been rushing around without eating or drinking. Good luck with this!

I was clipped 26 years ago but in 2010 had a very scary episode of racing heart and palpitations that woke me up, thought I was dying, but it now appears it was caused by acid reflux! The vagus nerve is triggered and sets the heart off, but this can go away in minutes by taking an antacid! I do agree though that anxiety can also be one of many causes. I'd get a second opinion too if I were you.

I had strange feeling, dizziness, heart palapations before mine were clipped! they said they were TIA's

A beta drug is what I was given and they magnified my symptoms by 100%… it was super scary…: (

Sigmund said:

Might be time to get another opinion–from a cardiologist. These are symptoms of arrhythmia, the rapid heart beat and the lightheadedness. As aneurysm survivors, we are at greater risk for blood vessel problems elsewhere and for heart disease. Don’t fret, it is very treatable. My husband (without aneurysm) has an arrhythmia. A drug, a beta blocker, has worked well and he doesn’t have side effects. It not only took away those symptoms, it actually calmed him down. Hope this helps them look for other possible causes and you find a solution. It makes me mad when they think everything is neurological now. I had an episode of near fainting in the summer heat and everyone was looking at my brain, but it turned out to be an electrolyte problem because I had been rushing around without eating or drinking. Good luck with this!

I’m sorry it didnt work. Keep looking… We might be neurological patients, but sometimes it’s not “all in your head”! Good luck on this!

Patti, I have ventricular tachycardia so it’s pretty much a norm for me to have a fast pulse. If my meds don’t control it, I do relaxation breathing. I also make sure I’m hydrated and that I’ve eaten properly which for me means getting enough protein. Funny how simply drinking water helps with so much. I have limited caffeine which also helps. I have had to be careful when I take certain meds, my allergy meds have weird side effects when I try to take them at a different time.

But those two symptoms could be from dozens of causes - anxiety to middle ear infections and beyond! Do you trust your doctor? Have they recommended a therapist to deal with anxiety? I don’t do meds well, one of the best things that came from my SAH was a reduction in my heart medicine and I really am feeling better. My Neurosurgeon, Neurologist, Cardiologist and family doctor (PCP) have both suggested I stay hydrated and keep up the protein as well as exercise to the best of my ability, stay active socially, and keep track of funky symptoms, oh and watch my alcohol intake.