Anni coiled

Hi all I had my anni coiled 3 weeks ago it went well but had a few problems a couple of days after. I was readmitted to hospital with numbness in my arm and face and headache. Scan and mri didn’t show any problems thankfully. I came home 5 days later. I’m still suffering headaches and tiredness and just feel really drained. Still having feelings of numbness in my arm foot and face too. Has anyone else esperianced this after surgery and how long does recovery take. Thank you for taking the time to read this xx

I have had my anni coiled twice. The first time was a year ago and the second was three months ago. Both times I experienced tiredness and headaches, but no numbness in the hands or face. I have found it takes several months for the tiredness and headaches to go away. (Some of the tiredness could be age related for me as I was 74 when both procedures were done.) It does get better. At present, I am waiting for the follow up MRI which will be done in March 2020. Please keep in touch. Ida

Hi thank you for the reply I’m 52 so no spring chicken lol hope you are recovering well. My surgeon explained they sometimes have to do it twice if the coils settle and leave a space. Hoping this doesn’t happen I’d hate to go through it again xx

I’ve been coiled three times for the one ruptured aneurysm. I’m allergic to the dye and the steroid I take to counter the dye. I’ve been told it’s the anesthesia that sets me back. Stay hydrated and eat a lot of protein. Ask your doctor, health line nurse, surgeon or dietician how much you need. I had to eat a minimum of 90 grams a day

I got surgery on April last year, it was so terrible, i have numbness in right face, left body

i did exercise/move around and no
Medicine because I have side effects on it

I eat healthy fruits and veggie

I know it is not easy

As result after surgery, I get brain compression
Thx God I made it through
Still keep going
Keeping positive way is better than nothing

1 Like

You just be good - be thankful we are all around to enjoy another holiday season - ask your questions to your doctor staff!!!