Angiogram....groin entrance vs wrist

@Bsgirl
It’s good that hear that everything went well. Let’s hope for a good final report. I have the same experience as you describe with the new angio seal, I had a feeling that it took longer time to heal and more soreness than previous procedures . I followed the same recovery guidelines, but I have been poked in the same femoral artery four times, maybe this has something to do with it. I don’t know. My next checkup will be with an MRA and hopefully it will stay that way.

1 Like

I recall one plug (angio seal) that felt really odd and it took me longer to heal. The then NP said I couldn’t tell the difference, but Dr. Quintero-Wolfe had to remind her I had sufficient experience with them. The next angio I had, Dr. Q-W assured me they weren’t using it anymore, it actually bothered me long enough to never want it again. I believe @oct20 has something there with scar tissue that forms! I know with me, she had to move up or down from the last one she did.

report should be in by the end of this week so my hope is I will be doing MRI moving forward as well! I will keep you posted

3 Likes

Yes I am feeling the soreness still and its over a week so like you, its either the new seal or the fact that they used the spot about 4 times already and there is scar tissue. I been walking a little every day for exercise - may be good for the legs but most important clearing my head. The report will be in next week, apparently my surgeon has been swamped so lets pray for all the new - possible future - members of this team.

3 Likes

Good luck on the report! I’m glad you’re keeping us posted.

Hi
So the last (3rd) annie isn’t completely closed yet……but my surgeon is not worried about it (easy for him to say ) now my PTSD kicks in harder

It’s frustrating to have one not occlude. With my one, it didn’t want to, this the four procedures. On the last one, the neck and opened up wider than the aneurysm and is why she used the stent she did. She explained that the small leak may just be from the imaging of the angiogram and she believed it was inconsequential. I’m good with that. Remember to breathe and do anything your therapist suggest in handling the PTSD.

1 Like

Thank you - and yes it IS frustrating. And honestly the PTSD only kicks in with headaches. I do my exercises, I breathe, walk the beach and basically leave it in Gods hands.

1 Like

So sorry to hear it hasn’t occluded. I’m facing a similar challenge with one of mine - it doesn’t want to give up. I haven’t been through as much as many on this site, and I’m already frustrated. I just had retreatment in July and we’ll see how it looks in January. It’s hard to explain to other people the ups and downs of dealing with something like this. After the shock of the discovery (or worse for many, rupture), you have tests, treatments, recovery, not necessarily in that order but nonetheless repeated numerous times. The never-ending process of waiting, checking, and watching, then waiting again to start checking and watching. It sounded straightforward to me in the beginning - 1) I have brain aneurysms, 2) we need to fix the aneurysms, 3) have surgery and recover, and 4) life goes back to normal. Except step 4 doesn’t really exist. No one warns you about that. But then again, even if they did I doubt any of us could process it with everything else that’s happening at the time. In the beginning, it’s one day at a time. Trying to move forward is the hard part - it’s a constant cycling of stress and emotions. Each waiting period requires a gathering of hope and courage for the next step. I’m currently on 6-month interval angiograms and midway through I start getting anxious and it just increases from there. Then when I go back to get checked/retreated, I’m calm again and just grateful to be alive for a while. Then about halfway toward the next visit the anxiety ratchets back up again. I THINK can’t wait to be told I’m at one year for a recheck, but then I’ll dread having to deal with a whole year of not knowing what’s happening up there. Not quite sure how to cope with that. I"m happy you are near a beach - that’s wonderfully calming. Personally, I’m very grateful to the folks who post meditations and sleep stories on YouTube that help me calm down when I start to feel like I’m losing it. I hope your next test shows complete occlusion!

The recheck angiograms can be nerve wracking that’s for sure! It’s the not knowing what the surgeon will find isn’t it? I think for me it was frustrating to be put back on the two year list. I hated it! For those that don’t know, when we rupture our risk of death goes up, a lot for two years. Then for every repair, we get put back on the two year list, dang it all! I learned to ignore it when I decided I wasn’t going to let my aneurysm control me. Thinking that way lifted a lot of weight off my shoulders and reduced my stress a thousand fold. There are no better words than hearing “I’m confident we got it this time” from your Neurosurgeon!