Alcohol & smoking post coil embolisation

Hi

Any advice or experiences to share. My sister is finding it very hard not to have a smoke or a glass of wine. She is 4 days post procedure. She also wonders if the Nicabate inhalers she has been using in hospital are safe. Any comments welcome thanks.

Wow...I am not sure...I quit smoking many years ago...and drinking didn't enter my mind until after about 3 months from the hospital...and then I had a glass of wine and felt awful...I do hope you get some advice here on the site... I am not sure what to suggest...

I am not sure what the inhaler is for ...

Gotcha both in my prayers...addiction is a very hard to thing .. but it is doable...~ Colleen

Hi Chris,

What a challenge your sister has trying to recover and quit smoking at the same time. I suggest she talk to her doctor.

From what I've read, smoking is a big risk for aneurysm rupture. Alcohol is probably more problematic because of the drugs she may be taking. You may want to Google the Nicabate inhalers to see what has been written about the safety of their use and what contraindications there maybe.

May God be with you both.

Carole