Airplanes & coiling

Has anyone flown on a plane since getting a coiling done?? I’m supposed to fly at the end of the month & wanted to make sure it was ok.

Thanks

i didnt think so, but I had to ask ;)

thanks!

I have flown to LA a number of times to see my grandkids and no problem and I have a shunt too. Doc said go for it. :-) Hope your going to fly to have some fun.

Great topic - I too was concerned about this as I will be flying in a few months myself. It’ll be my first trip after my coilings and just a little over one year from my rupture. My docs also said no limitations on flying, but it’s great to hear others that have flown without any issues or concerns. I know I will feel better when my plane takes off knowing this. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

I actually have two clips in for an unruptured aneurysm treated 2 years ago. I have flown a number of times with no problems. I was more concerned with setting off metal detectors with my head! That didn’t happen. I guess titanium is different.

I was coiled/stented 9 weeks ago and just flew to and from Mexico - just got home. No problems at all with flying, and I'd been concerned about it too, but decided to trust my doctors....a good choice!

since my coiling in june 2008 i have taken at least 10 trans atlantic flights between the uk and the usa. no problems at all except for airport hastles…grrrrr…i hate chicago airport… ive never had a bad experience flying…in fact the joy of it is that im able to fly…its always a great part of surviving…i was asked by another passenger if i was scared about it…i said “No, because i dont think God saved me just to drop me at 60,000 ft up in the air” take your flight and enjoy every second of it…God bless you and keep you safe from all harm…hugssssss…John

Yep one year after my partner Karen suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm and it was coiled...we flew to Hawaii!!! All went well!

Hugs..Susan

Hi. My partner had a brain aneurism last year and refuses to have any further
Support. I myself am struggling to deal with it. Although he has no problems since
I find I wake up in the middle of the night checking to make
Sure he is breathing etc, could u please tell me what worked for you and how
You never went mad… Lol! Myles

Hi. My partner had a brain aneurism last year and refuses to have any further
Support. I myself am struggling to deal with it. Although he has no problems since
I find I wake up in the middle of the night checking to make
Sure he is breathing etc, could u please tell me what worked for you and how
You never went mad… Lol! Myles

@myles some people handle the “stress” of their mortality different bc it’s something we have to live with forever - just be there for them when they r ready is all u can do for now.
@everyone - I’m leaving NJ for a weekend trip to Fla barring any stupid snowstorms and am looking forward to it! It will be almost 10 yrs since I’ve been on a plane so it will b an adventure for me :wink:

Thanks!
Dulce

Can I come??? Swing by & pick me up in WNY on your way! LOL!!! You have a fabulous time & YES get out of this COLD while you can, even if its only for a weekend! ENJOY!

I have! No major problems, but the pressure change did set off a migraine. Just take your meds with you and you should be fine. My neurologist said the only time he would be worried about flights is if you have another rupture. I remember hearing (through the morphine and dilauded) the emergency room doctor stating I couldn't be airlifted because the pressure changes would cause my blood pressure to elevate, causing the bleed to worsen. No worries!

~Jamie