A Second Chance at Life

1 year anniversary

I haven`t written here for a while now. It has been a year since my mothers aneurysm bursted, followed by SAH and stroke. It is amazing how she recovered. Even in my wildest dreams I could not imagine it would be like this one year after it all happened. She still has some memory issues, specially when she is tired, we still have a hard time to communicate due to her aphasia, but we managed to learn how to live with this. Her personality is different than it used to be but I like my new mother. Now when she laughs, she laugs from the heart, like a child. We are so happy we got a chance to spend this christmass together with her, God for some reason spared her that day.

I would like to wish you all a merry Christmass and may the next year be filled with happiness, peace and serenity for you and your loved ones. Thank you for all your personal stories that you share with all of us, you are all my heroes!

Wacky, I am so sorry I didn’t see your wonderful entry earlier. Hugs to all of you! I hope this new year brings more improvement!

Congrats to you and your Mom Wacky! So glad to hear you are making new memories together.

I'm not on here often, but congratulations to you and your mom! I pray she continues to improve in every way and that 2016 is a wonderful new year! Blessing to you both!