A Book Share

I was going to add this to a discussion topic I saw a while back where the person recommended a book to read. But I can’t find the post so I’m adding a new one here.

Maria Ross wrote a book named ‘Rebooting My Brain: How a Freak Aneurysm Reframed My Life’. When I saw it recommended here I went ahead and read it and loved it. While I can’t relate to a rupture (I was clipped on 9/26/13) I could relate to the mental state after surgery.

Maria describes her journey with candor and humor. I especially appreciated that she shared some of the resources that helped in her healing. Using the Wii?! Who knew.

So anyway, whomever wrote that post sharing the book, thank you.

I found the book on Amazon

hi harlylena,

Thanks for the post to suggest that book. Did hers rupture? I am now 11 days till surgery and could you any insight so I'll try to get it also.

What do you mean by Wii? Is that the video games you play on tv?

Oh, on a side note. I'm still learning how to use this site. I noticed you started a discussion from your page instead of in the discussion forum. Why did you do that? Is it different from the other?

Thanks for the recommendation Harlylena! I’m going to check out the library and see if I can find it there or on one of the on line libraries! Appreciate it:)

I've been trying to email you a reply but the system isn't working. Thank you again for your kind words. But also please don't let fear make things worse. Look at it as you know you have an aneurysm and now have a plan on what to do with what you said is a great team of medical staff. I still consider myself lucky (blessed) that I didn't have a rupture. In response to your questions here. Yes, wii, the video game. And it took me a while to figure out how to add discussions too. So when you click on the DISCUSSIONS tab above you'll be directed to that page. Towards the upper middle right is a button that says ADD. Click that and you get a clean page ready for your post. Towards the bottom beneath the box where you'll enter your text is a selection called CATEGORY with a drop down menu that lets you select where you want the post to go. Things like QUESTIONS ABOUT ANEURYSMS, PERSONAL STORIES, etc.. Whenever you write anything a 'copy' is posted to your own page. That's probably why it appeared as if I posted my DISCUSSION there. Hope that helps

J Knights said:

hi harlylena,

Thanks for the post to suggest that book. Did hers rupture? I am now 11 days till surgery and could you any insight so I'll try to get it also.

Oh, on a side note. I'm still learning how to use this site. I noticed you started a discussion from your page instead of in the discussion forum. Why did you do that? Is it different from the other?

I loved the book! Easy read and not too long!

Hi again Harlylena,

I just want to update you on the book, I bought it on Kindle Saturday and I'm loving it!!!! Lots to relate to and learn from. She is funny and positive too. Does it say anywhere how she was able to write this book when she remembers none of he beginning? Was it her friends who helped her with that part? Anyway thank.

J Knights said:

hi harlylena,