7 Oct 2023 Saturday welcomes?!

Hey y’all! I really hope you’re enjoying the wonderful October weather. And I’m guessing you’re thinking, “Wait, what, Saturday welcomes? What they heck, don’t they come on Sundays? Yes, usually…but tomorrow we have a couple friends helping sort out the shop. Woo Hoo! I’ve finally got a date for a wicked new tool and it’s being delivered Monday morning. I have been saving for it for years, yes years. I’m excited, tired and sore from yesterday and getting told I’m no youngster. Since I ruptured I’ve learned the gift of asking for help when I need it. That’s been one very difficult lesson for me, but I have learned it and even sometimes remember to use it…

Let’s get on with the new members and give a big welcome to them!

@Paul3 starts us off. Paul is out in San Diego, California (did you know the State finally has their reservoirs topped off with the highest recorded levels since the beginning of records?). Paul and his sister lost their mother from a ruptured brain aneurysm two years ago. He shares things are better now and he feels talking about his loss could help even more. I believe he is correct, and feel that there are some wonderful members who can help him in this journey. Paul also shares that he works in the grocery business, loves music and even plays the drums and guitar! He shared a picture of his mom here Just checking in! I have just celebrated my 52nd year as a survivor - #18 by Carole_G Paul, please start a new topic by going to either “Support” or “General” and members can hopefully see it and respond better.

@lisaf is in Connecticut. Lisa had a supraorbital craniotomy to clip one but possibly two aneurysms. She had stroke symptoms and went to the ER. They weren’t sure if she had a TIA and during the scans they found 4 aneurysms - 3 on internal carotid arteries and 1 on the basilar artery, yikes! Lisa shares 3 are small but there’s a large one that’s irregularly shaped so she’s having surgery. She has to have a craniotomy due to the wide size of the neck. Lisa shares she’s disabled with chronic back pain, nonetheless, she’s learning to tye dye! Good for you! Please start a new topic under “General” and share more of your story, we have some wonderful, folks who’ve had successful craniotomies for unruptured aneurysms and they are willing to share their stories!

@jillb is in Texas. Jill doesn’t share much, she is a patient, there’s been a diagnosis and there’s no treatment plan as yet. Jill come talk to us, we have members who probably have some of the answers you may need.

@8223 is in Ohio. Monica shares she had a rupture, SAH at her granddaughter’s 3rd birthday. She was holding her grandson, felt something that she can’t explain and her life has been changed forever. We get it, all those who’ve ruptured have been on a similar yet different path, we can help you find work arounds, just start a new topic under “General”.

That’s it for this week. We did have someone that was literally on her way to the hospital for her procedure. I do hope she made it through and comes back to us.

Remember to watch the date on topics you’re posting, if it’s an older one, please start a new topic. If you need help with the site, reach out to me (@Moltroub) or the kind folks @ModSupport Check out Merl’s topic, he’s had his imaging done The journey starts again - #56 by Moltroub

That’s it for this week. I’ll end it with some quotes

“You can do anything but not everything.” – David Allen

“Healing takes time, and asking for help is a courageous step.” – Mariska Hargitay

“Don’t be shy about asking for help. It doesn’t mean you’re weak, it only means you’re wise.”

“Asking for help is never a sign of weakness. It’s one of the bravest things you can do. And it can save your life.” – Lily Collins

I can’t help myself on this one, it reminds me of Merl -
“A man asking for help ought to at least give directions.” – Barbara Mertz

Have a fantastic week y’all! Don’t forget to ask for help and to offer help when you see a need…

2 Likes

I do agree
BUT

Ohh, no, no
That’s more like “The Blind leading the Blind” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Merl

1 Like