5 years since rupture of PCA and MCA, perstiant residual of PCA

5 Years since rupture of PCA status post embolization of PCA and MCA. The MCA has a minimal residual filling of the coils. But the PCA on my last MRA shows a 6mm filling, they suggested I have a angiogram in November. What is the next step more coils or clips? Anyone out there have any stories to share?

Peggy,

We have had some members who experienced both clips and coils...perhaps they will address that...

Is your PCA aneurysm near/close to the basilar artery...or to the posterior communicating artery?

What have your doctors explained/suggested/recommended to you?

I am surprised you had coils in the MCA?...that appears to be rather unique..tho can/may vary by which segment/location f the MCA...possibly of the parent internal carotid artery to its bifurcation to the MCA and ACA?

Prayers you will get much more input from those who have experienced both...

In one of the other members forum...there is reference from another on the hopklnsmedicine.org and risks, etc....

Prayers for your success...

Pat

Hi Pat thanks for your reply, when I ruptured they were unsure as to which anerusym bleed. I remember the neurosurgeon telling me I may have to have a clip not sure which one would need a clip. I also have a third aneurysm which is in the left carotid artery. The Mca is stable but I am concerned about the PAC coils compacting to a 6mm depth not sure if that’s bad or good. I am to have a 5th angiogram yes one a year. I am tired of worrying about this medical problem. My mom died of a rupture post clipping in 99. I am scared!