1st outing

Got outside in the sun Sister took me to lunch came home and afte 2 hours I am now exhausted/

3 Likes

Damn. That zapped all my energy

That sounds like a nice time! Your strength will come back, takes time. Just remember to do a little more each day.

Even though I still have 4?weeksvuntil I start work, Inam still going to apply going to apply for fmla just to have in my back pocket.
Hurt I have heard of so many of you that’s slowly going back to work who is beneficial rather than just jumping right back mom I may try and see for a couple weeks if I can work part time

It’s always nice to have a contingency plan. I have learned from here, many people who’ve had a craniotomy for a non ruptured aneurysm are able to return to work rather quickly comparatively speaking.

See, this is what I mean, I go back, and I read what I tried to write and it’s just a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. It’s like these on symptoms that just creep up here and there. You are correct, the honeymoon period is coming to an end.

Each activity requires a number of spoons, which will only be replaced as the person “recharges” through rest . A person who runs out of spoons has no choice but to rest until their spoons are replenished. This is not to say that rest is certain to give a person more spoons.

Thank you. This is perfect

1 Like

What is relatively early? I am two weeks out and I am still very up and down.
I am supposed to go back in 3 weeks, but Inam also going back to a school of 1500 plus kids and 2 staff. I am a spec teacher more pressure.

I wrote here [quote=“Moltroub, post:5, topic:17449”]
rather quickly comparatively speaking.
[/quote]. I was comparing it to folks who’ve had an SAH or rupture. I don’t know what is “relatively early”. For all the times I had a client in a Spec Ed class or had to visit a Spec Ed class here in NC, the class size is about 10-12 though in Elementary Schools, I’ve seen them as low as 3-5 students. How many students do you have? Our Spec Ed teachers don’t have classrooms like the other teachers, their students rarely switch classrooms. If a student in Spec Ed is being mainstreamed back in regular class, they go to that one class and then return to the Spec Ed class. Some of the Spec Ed teachers get an assistant, many do not. Do you get an assistant?

I saw on your other post from yesterday you had a busy morning and that sounds great! You’re rebuilding your strength and that’s what you need to focus on. Just take one day at a time. Focus on healing and not what’s going to happen in a few weeks.

1 Like

Hey Abbey,

big, BIG, BIG + for this point
An old saying “Tomorrow you could walk out of your door and get hit by a bus. Then what?” I agree with having a goal, in fact I have no issue with that at all. But you need to be concentrating on you and today. The now, not the tomorrow, not next week, not next month, but now. Yes, the final goal is normal life, but how do you do that safely.
Learn the best way for you to manage, before you return. We all hope you don’t need ‘management skills’ but what if? What if at 1.30pm some lazy Tuesday you have a client triggered, they explode (Which from my experience they often do) You? You have a mild headache, which is accelerating at a rate of knots and you can see that brick wall ahead. What do you do? What’s your plan? How do you manage the client? How do you manage you?
Try and put yourself in a ‘worst case scenario’, then work yourself out of it. Often in teaching your reaction time has to be immediate to save a client from risks. And sometimes a gridiron tackle may work :astonished: , but I less impactful tactic would be a more favourable outcome :rofl:

Now, I laugh when I say that, but often my first thought needed to be tempered. My initial thoughts often forgot the outcome, I’d say it… …and then it was too late… …and the outcome could be awful messy :volcano: :face_with_spiral_eyes: :astonished: But if I took the time to think about my answer, I often lost track of the conversation. And that annoyed me. I had to learn to read my signs for when I needed ‘time’, to step away, just a couple of minutes, a mini reset if you will.

You too will learning your coping skills, your own management skills. It’s much easier to set these skills up BEFORE going ‘All in’ with clients and finding it overwhelming. But please, start slow.

Merl from the Modsupport Team

2 Likes