11 September 2022 Membership welcome

Today marks the anniversary of a tumultuous day for those of us in the USA. Our thoughts are with each and everyone of the families of victims, those who were called to serve in the military and their families. We also keep in our thoughts all the families that war effects throughout the world.

Our family of membership throughout the world continues to grow. We help support and pass on our shared experiences with aneurysms. This week we are happy to welcome the following people:

@John who is in Kerry, Ireland. John had an endovascular repair back in July 2003 having some issues for the next 10 years. I really like his attitude that he had to constantly adjust and put in the effort to focus. He has no regrets and would like to help others who are struggling in their life.

@Suszanne is in British Columbia, Canada. She ruptured and was treated with a craniotomy 8 Dec 2021. She’s experiencing long lasting effects from the rupture. (Give yourself time, it’s still early in recovery, though it doesn’t feel like it.). Luckily she’s determined, has a sweet doggie companion and loves working with children!

@Guy is a carpenter down in Texas, USA. I believe he had a ruptured aneurysm on 23 August and coiled two days later. Guy is trying to deal with the aftermath of it. He has four daughters and was a single father to three of them. The tenacity of being a Dad to girls should give him the tenacity to overcome the aftermath of a rupture.

@BobF is in Cumbria, UK. Bob’s wife of 42 years is scheduled for coiling on the 30th of this month. The surgeons have advised treatment for an irregular 7mm aneurysm on the MCA following a TIA she experienced. She’s made a complete physical recovery from the TIA! Bob says the surgeons have been open and helpful for their understanding of the procedure. He is reading a lot on the internet. He understands the risk of stroke is low but is still worried about the procedure and any potential after effects. The unknown is really a stressor for families and patients alike, we can share our experiences.

@Jahmiah finishes up our list this week. Christy is in Georgia, USA. She experienced a rupture on 29 July. Stayed three days in ICU at Gwinnett Medical and on to another hospital in Roswell on the fourth day. They finally coiled her but she also needed a drain placed. She needs support as she’s lost interest in most things and doesn’t feel like she can live like this.

I truly believe our members can help each of you and you in turn can help us. Ruptures as we have learned can have a tremendous impact on how we live, changing the path of what we are familiar with. It is just another change, albeit a pretty big one, and changes occur throughout our lives. We look forward to your replies on existing topics and posting your own topics. Remember to stay within the newer topics if you’re wanting to reply. If it’s not a new topic and one that’s over a year old, start your own topic by clicking on the + sign.

Welcome to the family y’all!

5 Likes

Welcome new family members. This is a great place to be.

September 11 was also my birthday, and September 17 will be my 9 year Anniversary for my rupture. I’m still adjusting to the new me, but I love her just the way she is. She’s me. In life things happen, some worse than others, but we have to make the necessary adjustments. Change is good when you are open to it. We might not like it, but we have to be open to it. It’s so much easier if we don’t fight it and allow the change to take place. I’m praying for All of us. We can do this, and we will be alright. Just take deep breaths when needed, and never stop loving yourself. It’s hard for people to understand what we are feeling and going through, especially if we don’t have physical scars. Be patient with yourself and others, but try to make them understand. That’s one of the hardest parts. This is our life now and we have to make it work for us our way. Stay encouraged. We are still here to make a difference.

4 Likes