1 year Anniversary and success story

1 Year ago today I was working around the house and started throwing up in my kitchen sink I could not figure out what was going on. After that I do not remember anything until sometime in May. My wife said I was screaming that my head hurt, she took me to the hospital and apparently I had and 18 hour surgery. They removed an artery in my arm and placed it in my head, while in the hospital I got pneumonia twice and had a small stroke. 1 year later I have started a new job and everything for the most part is going well. I still have some anxiety issues and sometimes when things are difficult I have a hard time figuring things out, and I wonder if its from the aneurism or just everyday life events. I joined this group for support and to see what others have been able to accomplish. I was looking for answers on how my life was going to be and what it would look like after my surgery. I found some answers here but for the most part I just figured out that either I start living or just complain about it. I decided that F this I am going to be strong and push myself. I hope that if you are on this website that you find what you are looking for and good luck to you and your struggles and to the positive steps you make in your fight.

6 Likes

Hi @Ckdkrk123
Wow, what a success story!
Congratulations to your one year “annieversary” and hope that many more will come. You have been through a lot! It’s amazing what the physicians can do and how the body can heal. I too joined this group to process my own recovery after a ruptured aneurysm 18 months ago, it has been very helpful to read about what others have experienced, many times it was an echo of my own experience. It has also helped me to process the PTSD that followed after I regained my strength. I think it’s to be expected to feel some levels of anxiety after a challenging event like this, that’s what my doctor said.
My neurosurgeon also told me that most of the recovery in the brain happens during the first year after the rupture, but it doesn’t stop, it only slows down. That is something that I will remember and I have figured out that I am stronger than I thought.
All the best to you and all the survivors.

3 Likes

What a great survival story, thanks so much for sharing! I think I may be living vicariously through all of you who are able to go back to work and I get really happy for all of you who can, really happy! I’m also cheering you saying “F this” and laughing out loud. It has made my morning.

I think this part Chris is your brain asking you to stop for a moment and take a breath, regroup and tackle it again, whether or not it’s from your rupture. It could be you’re just a bit tired.

But I’m still cheering and laughing!

3 Likes