Wife of aneurysm survivor seeking help

My husband had a brain aneurysm rupture 8 yrs ago. He was in the shower and collapsed. Having no warning signs. He had surgery and has very little disabilities but struggles with the fact of WHY HE survived. I struggle with the mood swings, personality changes. He uses alcohol and has gotten verbally abusive angry and the slightest things set him off and he says horrible things. I don't know how to help him. Does anyone deal with the same issues? I love him and want to help him.

Again Welcome MB...getting you back on the front page for other's to read and hopefully respond...I am also going to send another "Group" we have here at BAF ... it is for spouses/partners, etc., of Brain aneurysm survivors may help you more...in that they too deal with similar issues...~ Colleen

click on this link ... You may want to join this group....~

http://www.bafsupport.org/group/spouseofaneurysmsurvivor

Thinking of you, if ever you need someone to talk to BAF is it, there is usually someone on the chat at all hours of the night and day, you will possibly get some answers, have a place to cry on someone's shoulder and at least leave the site with a smile on your face. Hope things get better for you.

hi mb~~ so sorry to hear of the issues--I always say im in the magnafyer-emotions, light , sound etc etc. Maybe try to find the triggers-mine are people treating me like a child quadraplgic-they hold the door open then I have to hurry so the bugs don't get in!!!! I can open a door for cryin out loud!. Most anger is others problems who provoke me by yelling, being ignorant etc etc-kids dumb stuff mostly. hmmm 8 yrs. has it gotten worse? maybe meds and/or counseling is in order. Was he coiled?? I am afraid to drink alcohol since my coils have scabbed over protecting my brain. Do the drs say he can drink alcohol? that is adding fuel to the fire maybe. Why we survived I think is part of the Masters plan. I think I survived to take care of mom, sis and the kids who ironically are my caregivers, I am 4 yrs post sah.