Went for mri and eye exam earlier in the month

Finally went for the eye exam and the mri. My vision is so bad. I feel almost blind. The Dr said my eyes have gotten much worse since he removed both cataracts. In February he is going to try and laser around the lenses and see if it helps. In the meantime he suggested sticking with my #4 magnifying glasses and use bright colors since I'm so color blind...

The mri done without contrast showed a significant amount of white matter since 2007. So I was referred to a local neurologist in mid-January. I'm so scared I have dementia. Between my brain and my vision I feel like I have to babysit myself all day!

I hope everyone else is doing well. Sorry I didn't come back sooner...but my computer is as slow as my brain!

hi deb!! so sorry about vision I can relate- im blind left side of both eyes, wow you been gone a while!! Welcome back!

Deb...

Please forgive if you have shared parts of this prior and I missed it...

I am so confused about your vision getting so much worse since cataract removal?

When did you have anni treatment...open surg or some minimally invasive procedure?

What is the area of your white matter that is affected?

Have you had any therapies? I was blessed with vision therapy...tho it was long and involved...both of my eyes were so badly damaged...via the cranial nerves affected...I did not regain my right upper peripheral...

wishing you a Merry Christmas,

Pat

Hi Pat, Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. You always want too much info! lol! I remember practically copying my medical records back to you. I had the aneurism coiling (8.5cm.) followed by a major stroke. For over a month my right eye wouldn't open, and my left eye couldn't be controlled. I was unable to look straight ahead, the eye wanders. About 6yrs post stroke I had a detached retina in that eye. A couple of years later I had cataracts removed in both eyes. I always was very nearsighted. After the new lenses were put in I became just as farsighted as I had been nearsighted. I'm also severely colorblind now. My neuro that did the coiling is 55 miles away. Although I complained repeatedly about my vision to him, he never mentioned anything about an ophthalmologist that specialized in aneurism/stroke vision. Didn't know there was such a thing until about 3 years ago. The closest one is in larger cities, and I don't drive. The one that did the cataract removal is going to try and laser around the lenses in hopes that will help my vision. I go back to him in February. This month I go to a local neurologist about the white matter. I know this is all confusing...but that's all I know as of now. Again I'm sorry about being so slow to respond. Every time I started to the phone would ring, the cooking timer would go off, or there would be some distraction...Happy New Years to you!

Deb...thanks...and, please accept my apology for my asking so much...

To start w/a smidgen of a smile...I can only do one subject at a time...and, if my phone or doorbell rings...it puts me in another world...even if I am talking on the phone...and, an incoming call beeps...I lose track of the conversation...It is horrible...but if I did nto make fun of it...it would drive me crazier...Then...no matte which direction my thought wanders...Do you expect me to remember it?

Deb...my thought is worse right now....because I have to see a doc today...when I am back...I will re-read your member site...

In the meantime...prayers for your best vision treatment/recovery...

Pat

Hi Deb...Gosh you are really having a time of it...I am so glad you came and shared with us...please keep us posted...and don't think the worse on that "white matter"...and please know you will be in my thoughts and prayers ~ Colleen